Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Currently undergoing H Pylori treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

frabbits86

Re: Currently undergoing H Pylori treatment

Post by frabbits86 »

I finished my course of Pylera 2 days ago and stopped taking the PPI at the same time - only continuing with my probiotic from now. Although I don't feel 100% amazing, I have definitely noticed an improvement. The gnawing pain in my abdomen is much less and I haven't had any nausea, regardless of what I eat.

I know its early, and I've had a couple of 'good spells' in the last few months also, so not going to get carried away. Since my breath test isn't scheduled for another 6 weeks I'll try to give some updates before then on how I'm feeling post-treatment.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

That's good news. Do keep us updated please.

frabbits86

Post by frabbits86 »

Hi, so another update after finishing Pylera one week ago. Unfortunately since posting on Monday, the rest of the week has been a bit of a struggle. Nausea returned on Monday evening and has stuck around most of the week and is particularly worse when I haven't eaten for a while. Stool colour returned to a light brown but also had some diarrhea as well. I think a lot of this may be down to what food I'm eating. when I started the Pylera my doctor basically told me I could eat whatever I want. Although I haven't been too bad, I've certainly not been as strict as before when I was taking PPIs and Levogastrol.

As well as this I've been very tired. Getting up in the mornings has been a real struggle, no matter how long I've slept and the fatigue is difficult to shake throughout the day. Has anyone experienced this after antibiotic treatment?

I plan on being a bit stricter with my diet, but with my retest still another 5 weeks away, is there any other medication I could be taking to help symptoms?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you might want to go back to PPIs (or H2 blocker) and Levogastrol (or Domperidone) for a while.

frabbits86

Post by frabbits86 »

Thanks, will any of those affect my retest in 5 weeks?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H2 blocker and Domperidone will not affect the test for H. pylori.

have a look at the breath test guideline. it apply to stool test too.
https://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

frabbits86

Post by frabbits86 »

Thank you for the link, very helpful!

In regards of the fatigue/tiredness I've been feeling, could this possibly be from B12 deficiency? When I first started having symptoms I was worried it was related to B12 as I'd been following a vegan diet with no supplements. I've since read that PPIs, H2 blockers and antibiotics can all reduce B12 further. (I've been on PPIs for about 3 of the last 5 months but also taken Zantac and obviously Pylera)

Is this something you've seen in other cases? I've started taking a multivitamin including B12 to see if it has any effect, although I read that if its low you should have an injection instead.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

If it is too low, then you need to have infusion. However, that's very rare.

Many patients with H. pylori was shown to have B12 and iron deficiency. And return to normal after eradication.

So when did you get diagnose with low B12? before or after the treatment?

frabbits86

Post by frabbits86 »

I haven't had my B12 tested yet, I was just worried that it could be one of the reasons I'm so tired recently.

frabbits86

Post by frabbits86 »

Hi, another update. Its now 2 weeks since I stopped my 10 day Pylera+PPI treatment.

Alot of the fatigue I had been experiencing has started to ease up, I think in part to taking a multivitamin (inc B12) since Monday. I can now get up in the morning and manage to get through the day without napping, despite the temperature getting past 40°C where I am! This is a big plus for me as its a lot easier to keep positive when you have a bit of energy!

My abdominal pain (I never had sharp pains, more like a dull gnawing pressure just under my rib/chestbone) is a bit better, although has changed a little to something more like heartburn which I'd never had before.

My main issue has been digestion, my stomach is still quite fragile and so I've had a few loose stools. I think this is due to struggling with fats although I've been trying to avoid fatty foods when I can. Taking an actimel (probiotic)drink every morning when I get up and a Probiotic tablet in the evening.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”