Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Functional Dyspepsia, Acid Reflux, esophageal hypersensitivity

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Hyunlewis

Functional Dyspepsia, Acid Reflux, esophageal hypersensitivity

Post by Hyunlewis »

Hello,
I have had stomach pain (burning and sensitive acidic and spicy foods) since February and it was diagnosed as Mild Gastritis caused by H.Pylori in late April from endoscopy and biopsy. I went on 2 different antibiotics (2 wks) with Prilosec (5 wks). Symptoms were still bad so the doctor told to get off Prilosec and test for H. Pylori again. I stopped taking Prilosec and the pain became so much worse because of more acid being pumped into my stomach continuously. I waited 3 wks and tested for H. Pylori with breath test and stool antigen test. They both came back negative. My GI doctor told me I am all cured and don't need any more meds except Pepcid/Zantac or Gaviscon/Mylanta/Tums as needed although I was literally telling him I was in so much pain. I was eating bland foods and I had so much pain drinking water in an empty stomach. I tried the meds he told me to take and it was making my life really miserable and not helping at all. I didn't even have a follow up with him after the treatment. We only corresponded via myhealth messaging.

I became severely depressed/anxious with bad insomnia. I went to my internal medicine doctor 10 days ago and she gave me Xanax for anxiety and to help with sleep. She tried to give my Citalopram for depression but I was on Nortryptyline already for my chronic headache so she coudln't. She also put me back on Prilosec 20-40mg/day. I am only doing 20 mg/day.

I just went in yesterday to Stanford GI clinic for a second opinion and he thinks I have Functional Dyspepsia and Acid Reflux, Hypersensitive Esophagus from GI nerves firing inappropriately. He said my stomach lining looked pretty normal from the endoscopy. It seemed like they get a lot of cases like mine where we still have bad symptoms after H. Pylori had been eradicated. I was given Neurontin to help with the nerve pain but it will take a month or two to take effect. It did help me sleep a whole 8 hours without waking for the first time yesterday in several months. I am also supposed to have an Ultrasound. 24 hour pH/Impedance test, esophageal manometry, and Celiac test for Gluten. I am also being referred to a Psychiatrist for depression and anxiety.

My symptoms are immediate pain/soreness after eating or drinking on the right side right below the rib cage, hot/burning pain coming through below the center rib cage if I eat any food that contains wheat or anything hard to digest, and burning pain after 2-2.5 hours after eating in the lower abdomen area. Hot temperature also gives me instant pain. Now I am only eating oatmeal, rice porridge and eggs every day. I got rid of Gluten. I never had issues with gluten before. I feel like I finally have a doctor who cares and listens to me. I am almost able to drink water in an empty stomach without too much pain since starting the Prilosec again.

I finally feel like I have a doctor who is listening to me. I do have one question, why do I have the burning pain after 2-2.5 hours of eating? Is the food still in my stomach or is it moving down to the small intestine?

Thank you for letting me post this long message!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Functional Dyspepsia, Acid Reflux, esophageal hypersensitivity

Post by Helico_expert »

If you have reflux symptom, you can either continue PPI or switch to H2 blocker.

PPI is slow acting, but have better control in your overall acid secretion.
H2 blocker is fast acting, but does not last very long in your system.

Some people prefer H2 blocker because they know exactly when the reflux is coming and they can take a H2 blocker to help prevent burn in the throat. Some people prefer PPI because you dont have to worry too much about when a reflux is coming.

I agree that an ultrasound would be helpful. especially checking your bile duct for stones.

if it is the bile problem, it'll explain about ingestion of oily food. in normal situation, the bile will secret bile juice to help neutralise the fatty food we ingest. However, if the duct is blocked by stones, then it'll be painful as the juice is trying to push the stones out the duct.

Hyunlewis

Post by Hyunlewis »

Is my condition a common problem after H. Pylori treatment? Why is gluten giving me so much acid? I have never had this issue before I started the H. Pylori treatment. Will I be gluten intolerant from now on or will it return to normal?

Thank you!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I dont think H. pylori nor the treatment will make you gluten intolerance. but hopefully you can return to normal after 100% recovery

Hyunlewis

Post by Hyunlewis »

I have to stop taking the ppi before I can do the pH impedance esophageal manometry test which may not be for a month or more. How long is a good enough time to stay on PPI before weaning myself off? I have been on it for almost 2 wks already and it is helping with pain. I am currently on 20mg/day. I had horrible rebound effects last time when I stopped using it cold turkey after 5 wks of use so I can take the H. Pylori breath test.

Thank you!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

talk to your doctor about the possibility of switching to H2 blocker temporary for 2 weeks. Then you can do breath test. you only need to stop H2 blocker the night before breath test.

If your doctor thinks that you may have an ulcer, then you probably will have to continue PPI for another 2 weeks. Ulcer will normally heal within a month on PPI.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”