Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My advices for the after H.pylori treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

quillinalonzo2017

Re: My advices for the after H.pylori treatment

Post by quillinalonzo2017 »

Only treat patients who have a positive test result for H pylori infection. Carefully educate patients regarding the importance of completing the prescription and about the potential adverse effects of the medications. Importantly, consider possible antibiotic resistance when selecting the treatment regimen. Note that surgery is not required for patients with H pylori infection, but it may be considered in patients with severe complications, such as cancer.

For treatment, the guideline recommends clarithromycin triple therapy with a proton-pump inhibitor (PPI), clarithromycin, and amoxicillin or metronidazole for 14 days only in regions where H. pylori clarithromycin resistance is known to be less than 15% and in patients with no previous macrolide exposure. Other recommended first-line treatment options include bismuth quadruple therapy with a PPI, bismuth, tetracycline, and a nitroimidazole for 10 to 14 days (especially in patients with previous macrolide exposure and those who are allergic to penicillin) and concomitant therapy with a PPI, clarithromycin, amoxicillin, and a nitroimidazole for 10 to 14 days.

canadianhelico

Post by canadianhelico »

quillinalonzo2017 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:47 pm
Only treat patients who have a positive test result for H pylori infection. Carefully educate patients regarding the importance of completing the prescription and about the potential adverse effects of the medications. Importantly, consider possible antibiotic resistance when selecting the treatment regimen. Note that surgery is not required for patients with H pylori infection, but it may be considered in patients with severe complications, such as cancer.

For treatment, the guideline recommends clarithromycin triple therapy with a proton-pump inhibitor (PPI), clarithromycin, and amoxicillin or metronidazole for 14 days only in regions where H. pylori clarithromycin resistance is known to be less than 15% and in patients with no previous macrolide exposure. Other recommended first-line treatment options include bismuth quadruple therapy with a PPI, bismuth, tetracycline, and a nitroimidazole for 10 to 14 days (especially in patients with previous macrolide exposure and those who are allergic to penicillin) and concomitant therapy with a PPI, clarithromycin, amoxicillin, and a nitroimidazole for 10 to 14 days.
I had triple therapy proton-pump inhibitor (PPI), clarithromycin, and amoxicillin for 7 days + bismuth......I guess i still have h pylori then.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Be positive! follow the protocol. repeat the breath test a month later and see if you still have H. pylori.

Remember, if it is done correctly, it can be eradicated.

mathura8812

Post by mathura8812 »

Hi,

I have taken 14 days meditation for helicobacter pylori.
After treatment I was bit ok for 2 weeks.Then I was suffering a lot.Having upper abdomen pain,then throat burning sensation,also feeling sensation and of mucus stick in throat.I’m feeling weird,Please suggest ur ideas.

Thanks,
Mathura

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You probably need to continue PPI for your abdomen pain. Also check with your local GP about your mucus symptoms if it is because of yeast infection.

quillinalonzo2017

Post by quillinalonzo2017 »

Diagnosis
Tests and procedures used to determine whether you have an H. pylori infection include:

Blood test. Analysis of a blood sample may reveal evidence of an active or previous H. pylori infection in your body. However, breath and stool tests are better at detecting active H. pylori infections than is a blood test.
Breath test. During a breath test, you swallow a pill, liquid or pudding that contains tagged carbon molecules. If you have an H. pylori infection, carbon is released when the solution is broken down in your stomach.

Your body absorbs the carbon and expels it when you exhale. You exhale into a bag, and your doctor uses a special device to detect the carbon molecules.

Acid-suppressing drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol) and antibiotics can interfere with the accuracy of this test. Your doctor will ask you to stop taking those medications for a week or two weeks before you have the test. This test is available for adults and children.

Stool test. A laboratory test called a stool antigen test looks for foreign proteins (antigens) associated with H. pylori infection in your stool. As with the breath test, PPIs and bismuth subsalicylate can affect the results of this test, so your doctor will ask you to stop taking them for two weeks before the test.
Scope test. You'll be sedated for this test, known as an upper endoscopy exam. During the exam, your doctor threads a long flexible tube equipped with a tiny camera (endoscope) down your throat and esophagus and into your stomach and duodenum. This instrument allows your doctor to view any irregularities in your upper digestive tract and remove tissue samples (biopsy).

These samples are analyzed for H. pylori infection. This test isn't generally recommended solely to diagnose an H. pylori infection because it's more invasive than a breath or stool test, but it may be used to diagnose H. pylori ulcers or if it's needed to rule out other digestive conditions.

Treatment
H. pylori infections are usually treated with at least two different antibiotics at once, to help prevent the bacteria from developing a resistance to one particular antibiotic. Your doctor also will prescribe or recommend an acid-suppressing drug, to help your stomach lining heal.

Drugs that can suppress acid include:

Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). These drugs stop acid from being produced in the stomach. Some examples of PPIs are omeprazole (Prilosec, others), esomeprazole (Nexium, others), lansoprazole (Prevacid, others) and pantoprazole (Protonix, others).
Histamine (H-2) blockers. These medications block a substance called histamine, which triggers acid production. Examples include cimetidine (Tagamet) and ranitidine (Zantac).
Bismuth subsalicylate. More commonly known as Pepto-Bismol, this drug works by coating the ulcer and protecting it from stomach acid.
Your doctor may recommend that you undergo testing for H. pylori at least four weeks after your treatment. If the tests show the treatment was unsuccessful, you may undergo another round of treatment with a different combination of antibiotic medications.

Maria.b

Post by Maria.b »

Its been 3 months since i finished the antibiotics i had a endoscope no bacteria but gastritis and intestinal metaplasia which needs reviewing in a year i also did a stool sample which came back negative for the bacteria but my stomach is still not right still get pains i watch what i eat take probiotics and vitamin supplements will my stomach ever get back to normal ? The dr lowered the nexium to 20 mg once aday im just so tired of not feeling right

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi Maria,

We exchanged a few emails. Thanks for sharing your story here.

I believe your stomach will get back to normal. :)

Maria.b

Post by Maria.b »

Hi thanks for yr reply this bacteria really seems to take over your life wish there was a vaccine against it I'm always worried ill get it back its made me crazy washing my hands every 5 mins im still afraid of what i can eat and cant eat its really been my worst nightmare but thankgod my kids were teated negative

Maria.b

Post by Maria.b »

Should have added this to my last post this forum has been my rock so many answered questions i wish the drs here in cyprus were as helpful as you have been i really really appreciate everything you have done for me and please find a vaccine for this horrible bacteria xx

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”