Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Recovery after treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Strongerthanever12

Recovery after treatment

Post by Strongerthanever12 »

I’m 29 years old and it’s been a month since I’ve finished up my H. Pylori treatment through a quadruple dose therapy. It seems to be getting better slowly but I do have concerns about my iron being low and I have been having a slight stitch of pain in my back on the left side near the trapezius muscle when swallowing. I do have hypochondria and high anxiety and looking at the symptoms online, I constantly read the worse diagnosis. Also, how long will it take for my stomach to get completely better?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Recovery after treatment

Post by Helico_expert »

It's good that you are able to complete the quadruple therapy. How did it go? which antibiotics did you take? any bad side effect?

It is known that H. pylori infection can lead to low B12 and iron. Studies have shown that after H. pylori eradication, B12 and iron can restore.

The recovery is subjective. It depends on how much damage was already done. Hopefully you'll recover soon.

Most importantly is to stay positive. wait a month and repeat the breath test to make sure H. pylori is really gone.

Strongerthanever12

I have taken Amoxicillin, Metronidazole, Pantoprazole & Azithromycin. I was feeling okay while taking the meds, but I started feeling sick towards the last two days of the doses. The worse side affect was diarrhea and coffee like defecation. I have been on the edge thinking that I have stomach or esophageal cancer due to the H. Pylori, which has heavily increased my anxiety. I have another stool test on Friday to determine whether or not the H. Pylori was eradicated.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Friday is your stool test. try not to take any medication before the test. If you have reflux symptom, you can take some ranitidine to help.

Strongerthanever12

I got my iron results back and they look back to normal. I don’t know if eating a triple cheeseburger before my iron test could affect my test but it looked normal. Next, is the retesting of the H. Pylori. Also, how prevalent is stomach and esophageal cancer associated with H. Pylori?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

that's a good question. In Australia, where H. pylori infection is very low, there is very little gastric cancer (2000 cases a year in the whole Australia, 25 mil population).

https://stomach-cancer.canceraustralia. ... statistics

China on the hand, more than 50% of the population has H. pylori and about 300,000 cases of gastric cancer reported in year 2005 alone (about 50 gastric cancer/100,000 people).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4077485/

Some people may argue that it's population and environment specific, but I think the evidence of H. pylori association with gastric cancer is solid.

in regards to esophagus cancer, because H. pylori do not colonise in the throat, the association is weaker. However, I think the constant acid reflux damaging the throat is one of the key factors for esophagus cancer.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”