Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Recently tested positive for H. Pylori.

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Ch76

Recently tested positive for H. Pylori.

Post by Ch76 »

Hello everyone, I hope this find you all in good health or making progress against him pylori. My doctor called yesterday and said I tested positive for her pylori with a reading of 16 of standard range of 20 (whatever that means). He started me on triple therapy of amoxocillin 500mg, metrodinozole 500mg and clarithromycin 500mg all tof be taken twice daily for 14 days.

My symptoms started about 4 months ago I believe which included nausea, upset stomach, weakness, fatigue, loose stools kind of watery, mild headaches at times and malaise. At times i will have morning nausea when i wake up. Never had burning ulcer feeling or sharp pain in abdomen. My diet was crap for awhile, working at nights I ate fast foods, drank energy drinks and coffee, along with candy. Using preworkout in the gym with high contents of caffeine, 330mg a scoop and eating a lot of cookies and brownies too. I was also having personal issues that caused stress I'm sure.

I also have GERD/acid reflux as told by the doctor after he put the camera up my nose and down my throat. He started me on prilosec daily once in the morning. I have had episodes of Laryngospasms (vocal spasms) in the past, which is extremely frightening for me. It's when your vocal chords spasm and close shut for about 15 seconds or so. You can't breathe, swallow or anything, you're there gasping for air because your airway is closed until the vocal chords open back up. My doctor said he thinks they are triggered by the GERD/acid reflux as it comes up and irritates the chords. Anxiety and stress also can trigger it, they go hand in hand kind of, and this experience has created panic attacks. Every time I get a sensation in my throat my anxiety skyrockets thinking I'm gonna have another Laryngospasm. So that's a brief history on me. I've been off of caffeine, beer, sweets, candy and cookies for past 4 months hoping it would alleviate some of my problems such as fatigue, malaise, nausea.

One thing I don't understand is how one day will be good and then the next day will be bad. Also ill get that ugly feeling for about an hour then it goes away, sometimes happens multiple times in a day. Is this common with H. Pylori?

I also notice that if I go too long in the day without eating I will get super nauseous, weak as hell, no energy and super fatigued. Is this normal with H. Pylori?

There's been a few times where I went a few days feeling good then the next day I feel wrecked. I just don't understand how it comes and goes. Does anyone have insight on why this happens?

Another question. Can I take pepto bismal about 20 minutes before I take my antibiotics? Will it help with the nausea and things from the side effects of the meds?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Recently tested positive for H. Pylori.

Post by Helico_expert »

Thanks for sharing your story.

I hope you are taking PPI together with the Amoxicillin, Metronidazole and Clarithromycin together. It's a quadruple therapy.

If you think PPI once a day is not enough, you can take twice a day.

You can take pepto bismal if it makes you feel better. Pepto bismal is like a coating agent. Imagine your internal guts are coated with a layer of bismuth. It has anti-bacterial effect.

everyone reacts differently to the antibiotics. The common side effects include diarrhea, nausea, headache, and metallic taste in the tongue. If the side effect is not too severe, just ignore it and try to finish the whole course.

power1

Post by power1 »

Part of what I had that was irrelevant to the symptoms was anxiety and depression.
it hits you like a sledgehammer, and getting 3-4 failed treatment got me even more uneasy with more than 300 pills of PPIs.

So, I started to take new hobbies, ie: painting, building handicraft, finding a community of people for board games and etc...to keep my mind off something I could not control much.

Take a step back from work, as I have a very stressful work...still do...

..stay positive (as easy as it might sound), and focus on other things in life that you have not stopped to ponder...

But..also...do some light exercises and eat beneficially; veges, fruits and lower sodium/sugar intake.

All the best.

Ch76

Post by Ch76 »

Thank you all for the replies, it is much appreciated.

Couple questions.

1. Is it possible that since starting triple therapy it has diminished my appetite at times? I notice in the morning I have to force myself to eat and other times. Is this common?

2. Can H Pylori cause other symptoms and issues besides the typical ones of stomach problems etc.? Like nutrient deficiencies, hormonal embalance. I found a video about how it can cause other issues and would like your feed back on it. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/SvNXftsmFEA

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think appetite is a very subjective matter. It's probably the side effect that makes you having bad appetite. However, without the H. pylori, your stomach may feel healthier and lead to better appetite. In many patients, we have seen that eradicating H. pylori has actually improved appetite. Patients are able to gain weight.

i watched the video. I agree that H. pylori may cause B12 and iron deficiency. many patients with B12 and iron deficiency actually improve after H. pylori eradication. I am not sure about the hormonal imbalance. But I know the constant feeling of dull pain or stomach discomfort will definitely change people's mood. People are happier without constant worry about what can and cannot eat that will avoid upsetting the stomach.

Cindyh

Post by Cindyh »

Hi All
I am new here
And I’m so stressed and need your help

A few weeks ago I started having some heartburn
Then nausea..:: nothing severe just unpleasant
But zero appetite
And I mean zero

Long story short I went to doc
Told
Him and he did blood work and abdominal ultrasound which was all normal
He told me I have gerd/gastritis and my anxiety is worsening the symptoms

Last week I was still feeling no good no appetite and she and saw my second gP and she also said gerd and bad a
She checked me and said that she believes also it’s gerd
gerd
They checked for h pylori and this was positive in a stool
Test
I am on day two of the antibiotics and feel so distressed
I feel like his can’t be making me feel so bad
Please tell me I am not aLone here
It’s the lack of appetite that worries me so much

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You are definitely not alone and you are absolutely right about anxiety worsen the symptom. Therefore, you have to try relax. Gather positive thoughts. Distract yourself from thinking about it.

How many days treatment you were given? which medication?

Cindyh

Post by Cindyh »

Thank you s😊 much
Two weeks
Amoxillian and clarithtomicin
Is the lack of appetite normal?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You have the standard triple therapy.

poor appetite is normal. Many patients regain appetite after eradicating H. pylori.

Ch76

Post by Ch76 »

Need help on what to do.
I left town for 2 days, Thursday morning and left pill box in bathroom. I wasn't able to take my antibiotics. I got home today Saturday afternoon. Should I restart them? I was 7 days into 14 day treatment. Feeling defeated. My anxiety has been amplified by the overall feeling of this and the antibiotics. It's horrible and I feel deeply for people experiencing the same thing.

Also, my appetite has diminished. Is this common with H pylori? A lot of what I've been feeling points towards gastritis but without the abdominal pain. Mainly nausea, loss of appetite, weak, fatigued.

I'm scheduled for an ultrasound in one week.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”