Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Finally recovery from h pylori and hives

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

jhong721

Finally recovery from h pylori and hives

Post by jhong721 »

Finally feeling better. It took me well over a year to find out what was happening.

I started with the hives and then found out I had h pylori. Having the bacteria doesn't cause hives itself but the damage it causes might lead to the immune reaction. After I got rid of her pylori the syptoms were bad. Fatigue anxiety hives. You name it. I took probiotics like people recommend you to take even the doctors. That's part of the problem. Your gut has not healed enough to take on bacteria like that. I finally found some people who started to heal and the consistent message is to not use probiotics ever again. I took another round of antibiotics (just for the intestines this time). Finally. No more fatigue and anxiety. Less hives. I still have to watch what I eat but I'm way better. Helico expert- please have people refer to my post when they have issues with hives. Going through all of this has made me realize that we are so behind on gut health.

Here are some tips that worked for me.

1. The first round of antibiotics has a high rate of failure. Just ask for the Pylera pack.

2. Don't take the PPIs for too long (unless you have an ulcer). Your body can't break down food and it will cause you to have other symptoms. I have chronic gastritis from the h Pylori. Try using DGL instead. 30 min before each meal.

3. DONT USE PROBIOTICS! It might be good for people with healthy guts but bad for damaged gut. Think about it. If you had an open wound would your first thought be to throw bacteria at it?

4. Diet is key. Stay away from alcohol caffeine citrus spices and chocolate. Chew your food thoroughly and try to eat easily digestible food. Things made of corn or wheat caused problema for me as well.

5. Try to rest as much as possible.

Hope this helps. I'm still recovering but 90 percent better.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Finally recovery from h pylori and hives

Post by Helico_expert »

First of all, congratulation on your recovery.

I have a few comments on your suggestions.
1. Not everyone is suitable for Pylera treatment. Although the success rate of standard triple therapy has dropped, it is a safer and less side effect treatment. If everyone start using the strongest antibiotics like norm, very soon, the strongest antibiotics will become useless.

2. PPI is pretty safe. There are people who take PPI for decades. If you have reflux symptoms, you must take PPI. That can prevent esophageal cancer.

3. Probiotics is a very general term. I think it depends what probiotics you refer to. In genral, probiotics are referred to lactobacillus and yeast. These are harmless bacteria and I think it is ok to take them. I agree that not everyone feel better after taking probiotics. But ultimately, if you feel good taking probiotics, just go for it. Since it is harmless, and you can afford it, why not give it a try.

4. As long as you have balance diet. lots of fruits and vegetable, less carbohydrates and sugar, this is the current good diet guide. Just remember that anything in excessive amount can become bad.

5. This one I agree. Lots of rest, positive thinking, keep yourself busy and your brain working.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”