Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Low platelets and neutrophils 12 months after eradication

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

JLF82

Low platelets and neutrophils 12 months after eradication

Post by JLF82 »

Hi everyone,

Keen to know if anyone has had any problems with their platelets and neutrophils following successful eradication of H Pylori? My platelets initially went slightly low when I was first diagnosed with H Pylori, then they came up a little after eradication, but haven't recovered completely since then. They are 136-138, when they should be 150. Also my Neutrophils are slightly low, but this has only just become apparent at my last blood test, exactly 12 months since eradiction. Found an interesting report online from NCBI:-

Helicobacter pylori eradication decreases blood neutrophil and monocyte counts.
Kondo Y1, Joh T, Sasaki M, Oshima T, Itoh K, Tanida S, Kataoka H, Ohara H, Nomura T, Itoh M.
Author information
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

The effect of Helicobacter pylori infection on systemic disorders is not well understood.
AIM:

The purpose of this study was to elucidate the systemic effects of H. pylori infection by comparing differential counts of leukocytes and platelets in peripheral blood before and after eradication of H. pylori.
METHODS:

A total of 164 H. pylori-positive patients underwent eradication therapy, and populations of peripheral blood leukocytes and platelets before and 0 (just after therapy), 1, 3 and 12 months after eradication were retrospectively analysed.
RESULTS:

In the eradicated group (n = 138), blood leukocytes, neutrophils and monocytes decreased significantly after eradication, but there was no significant change in eosinophils, basophils, lymphocytes or platelets. In the non-eradicated group (n = 26), there was no significant change in any studied parameter. With regard to smoking status, although leukocytes and neutrophils did not decrease after eradication in the smoking group, they significantly decreased after eradication in the nonsmoking group.
CONCLUSIONS:

These findings suggest that: (1) H. pylori infection increases neutrophil and monocyte counts in the peripheral blood, which indicates a significant role of H. pylori infection in systemic disorders; and (2) Smoking may mask the effect of H. pylori eradication on peripheral leukocytes, which would explain the controversy in previous reports concerning H. pylori infection and peripheral leukocytes.[quote]

I have another blood test in 6 weeks to check my Neutrophils again.

Would be great to hear of anybody else suffering with a similar issue, or some information regarding links between all these various things.

Thanks.

Joanna

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Low platelets and neutrophils 12 months after eradicatio

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi Joanna,

thanks for sharing your story. I know some patients have their platelets count increase after H. pylori treatment. But unfortunately I cannot tell you more other than how to kill H. pylori. Nevertheless, you should continue to observe your blood data. it could be genetic. The standard level that the doctor is telling is an average of healthy people, which you may be at the lower end. Nevertheless, let's wait for your next blood test and see how it goes. by the way, have you confirm your H. pylori eradication? if you did, how did you test it?

JLF82

Post by JLF82 »

Hi, thanks for your reply. My previous doctor here in the UK would not test for H Plylori eradication unless the symptoms started to return at a similar level, but I have a new doctor now who will test again when my next blood test is due. They will only do stool sample here.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

good. we'll wait for the stool test result then.

Jan34

Anyone with Diagnosed Cancer & H Pylori

Post by Jan34 »

I suffer from Hairy B Cell Leukemia and am already Neutropenic but inject Filgrastim syringes into stomach every 3 days to keep my platelets at about 110 Neutrophils about 1.75. Does any one else have cancer involved with H Pylori, & now been put on Nexium Hp7 will this drop everything lower. Spleen also swollen, can H Pylori affect this

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi, I have consulted Prof. Marshall. He said your case is probably not related to H. pylori.

michaeljonson

Post by michaeljonson »

Did you get the second blood test done?
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”