Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

H Pylori and Alopecia Arearta

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

adrmx
Genuine user

H Pylori and Alopecia Arearta

Post by adrmx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Hello,

The Urea breath test was positive, and I am losing hair. I asked to my doctor why I am losing hair but his answer was that it is genetic, I told him that no one in my family have or had baldness problem. I found an article online from the World Journal of Gastroenterology about alopecia areata after eradication of Helicobacter, it does not mention any treatment for alopecia arearta after eradicate H Pylori.

I am writing this to know how many persons with H Pylori lost hair, and hopefully my hair regrow after eradicated H pylori. I will be taking pictures of my hair before and after for further reference.

Link to "Cure of alopecia areata after eradication of Helicobacter pylori: A new association?"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3158418/

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: H Pylori and Alopecia Arearta

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:19 am

Interesting observation. If it is true, you should see more bald people among developing country compare to developed countries. Honestly, I have not paid attention on baldness among our patients.

However, there are so many factors affecting hair loss. Genetic definitely play a significant role. So is diet.

Here is a link to Prof. Marshall's genetic testing. In page 5, you'll see his chance of becoming bald.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/158 ... all%29.pdf

Laeron64
Genuine user

Post by Laeron64 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Hello friends! I am looking for the toppik reviews. Actually my daughter has hair loss problem. I think toppik products would really work to deal with her hair loss. I wonder if a 14 years old girl can use this or not!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:05 am

I am not expert in hair loss. But I did a search in google and found this article:

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fd ... pe=display
Do not use if:
Your degree of hair loss is different than that shown on the inside of this package, because this product may not work for you
You have no family history of hair loss
Your hair loss is sudden and/or patchy
Your hair loss is associated with childbirth
You do not know the reason for your hair loss
You are under 18 years of age. Do not use on babies and children
Your scalp is red, inflamed, irritated or painful
You use other medicines on the scalp

Dr. Jackal
Genuine user

Post by Dr. Jackal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:21 pm

I was recently diagnosed with h. Pylori. The abdominal pains and issues started suddenly approx 2 years back. Which is also the time my Alopecia began. I'm 26yrs at the moment. My alopecia is not genetic. I really want to test if a link exists between H. Pylori and Alopecia. Will wait for my infection to heal and then document hair regrowth in the absence of Minoxil. If it works then this could really change Alopecia as we know it.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:29 am

looking forward to hearing your update.
:)

thanga
Genuine user

Post by thanga » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:02 am

The single study I did find reported that the incidence of H pylori in 68 alopecia areata patients was higher than in controls. This only provides a weak association and certainly does not prove a cause and effect relationship.

Jump1
Genuine user

Post by Jump1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:01 am

I had 2 years stomach pain 2 years diffuse hair loss. 107 days since hpylori eradication. Hair loss has almost stopped completely. But hairs are all finer. Will up date u all on any progress. I am going to retest again just to make sure it is all.gone. i was conpletely clear a month after treatment.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing”