Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

After triple therapy supplementation and probiotics.

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

SkinnyBodyBuilder

Re: After triple therapy supplementation and probiotics.

Post by SkinnyBodyBuilder »

hello its me again. unfortunately my burping did not go away. :( next thursday it is gonna be 4 weeks after last pills. I will go for a stool test. here is my questions

1)generally how long it takes to get results after given stool sample? is it something like have to wait 24-48 hours etc?
2)Can I ask to my doctor to something like container for stool test before 1 one day from stool test. I mean can I get sample in home and give the lab in 15-20 min ? is it possible ?

Thanks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

If you think stool test is too inconvenient, you can try breath test.

Answering your questions
1. testing the sample is very quick. It can be as fast as 30 min or as long as a few hours. So, it is depending on the laboratory.
2. There are special containers designed to collect stool samples. However, it depends on if the doctor has it. I dont think the "freshness" of the sample is a concern. The sample can last a while. The sample I tried, lasted a week in room temperature and still give a positive result. Then again, the test kit may differ from laboratory to laboratory.

SkinnyBodyBuilder

helloooo :)

Ive just got my result. h.pylori has eradicated. but im still burping a alot. in biopsy stomach inflammation was high.(5 weeks ago). my doctor said it takes time. he did not prescribe anything. so, should i take ppi or something to recover fast ? I have competition I have to recover as soon as possible. need your helps.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

If you are still burping, yes, you can request for some PPI. There are cases where people developed this burping issue after antibiotics treatment. The reason is unknown. It could take weeks, months or years to go back to normal. But the good news is you are free of H. pylori now.

SkinnyBodyBuilder

update: last week my doctor has prescription antacid. I use it if i need. still burping.but 2-3 weeks ago burps come so deeply. now its not like that. my stool also looking normal for 10days. does it mean im recovering ?

in my biopsy which is nearly 2 months ago stomach inflammation was high. I hope it wont very long time to recover completely.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think you are in the recovering mode. Unfortunately I cannot predict how long it will take. If you read through this forum, you'll find that it can take up from months to years to recover. Of course, they are rare. Hopefully you'll recover asap.

Aileenoz

Post by Aileenoz »

Helico_expert wrote:For your information, some people recovered almost immediately after the treatment. I myself for example. the moment i finished the antibiotics, I felt energetic again. No more reflux and no more burping. However, there are some not so lucky one, who take months or even years for the recovery. So, I think it's important that you make sure your H. pylori is eradicated. then focus on the recovery.
I am new to forum I want to ask othe H P sufferers if they lost weight before the problem was sorted Can't find where I actually make a comment ???

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It is a very interesting question. Most sufferers are among the developing countries who in average, skinnier. So some scientist believe that H. pylori can result lower body weight. However, the evidence is not strong enough. Here is a good read.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/826406

In summary, I dont believe H. pylori has any direct association with body weight. However, patients who are infected may reduce or modify their diet due to stomach pain or discomfort. So, perhaps H. pylori does indirectly affect the body weight.

matt290479

Post by matt290479 »

Hi Skinny body builder.. I am the same, gone 10 months and still burp and have to maneuver sometimes after food to get it out.. Have some indigestion etc.. It all depends how much damage the pylroi did, in my case I think a lot and I dont think I am doing what needs to be doing. E.g going to start drinking more water between meals.. Bone broth, gelatine etc.. I have a plan now to do this, this will work

SkinnyBodyBuilder

matt290479 wrote:Hi Skinny body builder.. I am the same, gone 10 months and still burp and have to maneuver sometimes after food to get it out.. Have some indigestion etc.. It all depends how much damage the pylroi did, in my case I think a lot and I dont think I am doing what needs to be doing. E.g going to start drinking more water between meals.. Bone broth, gelatine etc.. I have a plan now to do this, this will work
hi. how do you feel now. I almost drink 5-6lt water daily not sure if it helps. also still have burning sometimes. if I eat below 6ph have lot of burning. my diet is very very strict right now. oats-egg whites-olive oil-almonds-bananas-pineapple-chicken breast-goat whey cheese-whey powder-parsley-spinach-red bell pepper pretty much.if i eat mozeralla cheese or yoghurt feel terrible and too much acid. multivitamins give me acid too.I use l-glutamine-vit d-zinc to help cure.Its been 2 months after antibiotics and i dont feel completly ok. im very tired mentally. antacid works for only 1-2 hours its worthless imo. Should i ask for ppi from my doctor ? or should i just wait ?

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”