Сauses of gastritis

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

lukava
Genuine user

Сauses of gastritis

Post by lukava » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi to all

by results of a gastroscopy I have the following indications:
- erosive gastritis
- gastroduodenitis
but my breathe test and stool test is negative. During the last 8 months I do not take any medication.
Its been more than 12 months since my last eradication. In what there can be a reason of a gastritis?

Thank you

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Сauses of gastritis

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:53 am

is there any more detail like chronic gastritis or active gastritis? those are keyword to suggest if there may be sign of infection.

lukava
Genuine user

Post by lukava » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:48 pm

First time I was diagnosed with surface gastritis two years ago. A year after that I was diagnosed with erosive gastritis. After two stages of treatment I still have erosive gastritis.

Thank you for reply

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:30 am

It's a bit weird to have the erosion if HP is absent. you'll need to continue PPI until the wound is recovered. However, the wound will not heal with HP around. So it is important to make sure that HP is completely eradicated.

lukava
Genuine user

Post by lukava » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Thank you for reply

Also my doctor directed me to fluoroscopy of the stomach and esophagus. This research showed the sings of gastritis, gastroduodenitis, reflux and cholecystitis. Also doctor said that I have a cascade stomach.
So now I don't have a clue what to do, because all tests I passed are negative to HP.

Could you recommend something?

Thanks

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:10 am

Unfortunately your case has stepped into the unknown zone. Not much info is known other than HP. When you are negative of HP, then what's left is trial and error. i think diet is probably the key to the problem. You have have to try changing diet and see what works. Please update us what you have tried and how do you feel.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing”