Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

How is it possible to test positive for HP through blood test and negative when doing the biopsy from a gastroscope?

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: How is it possible to test positive for HP through blood test and negative when doing the biopsy from a gastroscope?

Post by Helico_expert » Tue May 30, 2017 2:25 am

there is no particular guideline in terms of taking probiotics. if you feel better, then you can continue taking it.

Bpositive
Genuine user

Re: How is it possible to test positive for HP through blood test and negative when doing the biopsy from a gastroscope?

Post by Bpositive » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Thank you for all the replies Helico_expert
I'm scheduled for my Carbon 14 breath test on the 28th of this month.
I will be discontinuing Sucralfate and Domperidone on the 12th of this month 15 days prior to breath test.
is it OK to take Clonazepam and Gabapentin?
Thanks again in advance

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:35 am

I dont think either of those two drugs will affect the breath test. The breath test is more related to the acidity of your stomach. as long as you dont take anything that will neutralize the acid, UBT will work.

if you are experiencing any reflux symptom, you can take Ranitidine.

have a look at this guideline.
http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing”