Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Diagnosing from a biopsy

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Jaas
Genuine user

Re: Diagnosing from a biopsy

Post by Jaas » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:15 am

I got my biopsies last week it's 6 weeks after pylara treatment
- FINAL DIAGNOSIS:
- -----------------
- 1. Duodenum, biopsies:
- - Benign small bowel showing preserved villous architecture with no
- significant inflammation
- and no parasitic organisms.
- - CD3 immunostain is negative for significant mucosal lymphocytosis.
- - Features of sprue are not identified.
- 2. Stomach, antrum, biopsies:
- - Primarily oxyntic type mucosa.
- - Mild inactive chronic gastritis.
- - Negative for intestinal metaplasia with Alcian blue/PAS stain.
- - Negative for dysplasia or malignancy.
- - Negative for Helicobacter by immunostrain

I still feel Gud and bad days not back to normal I omitted gluten from my diet I eat blank diet and hard to digest proteins am off from pip from almost a month now and some times I take gasx for bloating it does not help much or give immed relief but get relief to 40% my report shows inactive gastritis when I will feel normal and how to manage symptoms now I don't feel hunger difficult to digest even a small bowl of rice at times burping and bloating belching is big prob now I eat very small meal multiple times and don't drink water with meal I drink water after 2 hrs of every meal and drink lot of water and finsih dinner 2 hrs before bed and maintain same diet regularly to watch whts causing bloating Cudnt figure out I eat half banana gluten free oats for brkfasr water after 2 hrs and in lunch I will have rice with boiled carrots and bottle gourd home made yougurt snack coconut water/ccountlope / water melon dinner same as lunch This bloating is making me tired and weak it jus goes to my left shoulder at times and subsides with gasx to stomach but stays there for hours tried ginger for bloating it helps but my stomach becomes acidic after tht I tried chewing mint leaves help bit no instinct relief and some days are bad some days are quiet relaxing with this diet and some times with bowel moment creates lot of gas some times my bowels are Gud some times I wait for 2 days to pass I Donno how to feel Gud and relaxed with this diet all days and not dare to add anythg to this diet any suggestion is greatly appreciated
For bloating gas and free bowel moments

Jaas
Genuine user

Post by Jaas » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:33 pm

[quote="JustAsking55"]Hi,

I had a stool test in 2014 which was negative. A year later I had an endoscopy. It only took biopsies from the body of the stomach, not antrum, and the results say that small numbers of surface h pylori were seen. The gastroenterologist said that nothing showed up in the endoscopy which explained my symptoms (I didn't have the report when I was discussing the endoscopy with him).

I'd like to know are small number of surface bacteria in the body of the stomach enough for a diagnosis of an active infection? Does anyone have a link to a web page which states something like this which I can show to my GP?

Does anyone know of any research showing that the stool sample test is not reliable in people with anti parietal cell antibodies?

Thanks.jaas

Jaas
Genuine user

Post by Jaas » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Hi jus asking 55

I feel there are bad and Gud bacteria present in the stomach if bad over grown need to be treated and over grow of bacteria shows thr stains in stool blood etcs.,
It completly my understanding am not a doctor

U should not worry until doc doesn't suggest for antibiotic

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:28 am

I got my biopsies last week it's 6 weeks after pylara treatment
- FINAL DIAGNOSIS:
- -----------------
- 1. Duodenum, biopsies:
- - Benign small bowel showing preserved villous architecture with no
- significant inflammation
- and no parasitic organisms.
- - CD3 immunostain is negative for significant mucosal lymphocytosis.
- - Features of sprue are not identified.
- 2. Stomach, antrum, biopsies:
- - Primarily oxyntic type mucosa.
- - Mild inactive chronic gastritis.
- - Negative for intestinal metaplasia with Alcian blue/PAS stain.
- - Negative for dysplasia or malignancy.
- - Negative for Helicobacter by immunostrain
This report suggests that you are free of H. pylori and no particular abnormality.

if you found one H. pylori, there are many. So it is probably not so important to know if it is surface or not.

during your antibiotic treatment, you would have wiped out all your good and bad bacteria. So you probably need to take some probiotics to avoid bad bacteria crowding.

Since your stomach has no abnormality and it's healing, I think you just need to wait for another month and see if you get improvement. nevertheless, if you have not done a follow up breath test, maybe you can consider that as well.

Jaas
Genuine user

Post by Jaas » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks for your response expert I was on probiotics for month and now am on home made yogurt main problem is diet and bloating feeling depressed coz of no improvement in diet and the way I Blaot I drink lot of water and reduce my quantity of food then bloating reduces but I feel tired nd exhausted Donno how my apitite will come to normal and I feel energetic I scare of loosing more weight I lost 15 pounds during antibiotic treatment and 15 days I was in same weight 102 pounds now Donno I lost hope I try to keep my self motivated hopefully next week I may go for follow up appointment to discuss abt my diet plan etc I feel like a looser not involved with family no energy to help them and 2 kids at home at times I do thr stuff and soon getting irritated finding my way to get out of this sh** husband says ur report s are all normal y don't u eat normal food even done my ct scan report shows every thg normal am loosing energy and tht makes me loose hope :(

Plz suggest me if u have any Gud probiotics in mind I took 30 billion one for one month dr formulated probiotics which has 14 strains in it I didn't see much improvement now started home made yogurt I don't see way to come out may almighty bless me with Gud health and all those suffering with sickness

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:16 am

I can only say, if H. pylori is not completely eradicated, you'll never be fully recovered. So, try make appointment with your doctor for follow up breath test.

Here is a guideline what drugs you should stop and for how long before the breath test.

http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

Jaas
Genuine user

Post by Jaas » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:24 am

I was having only stomach burning with prolonged dull burning pain in stomach and lil indigestion problems but my apitite was normal before treatment I use to have better diet I was healthy and energetic to do all house hold stuff I eliminated spicy food started blend diet I cud manage all work of kids and cooking before this treatment and now this treatment made me worst first 2 weeks were terrible small bowel of countolupe hardly 5 to 6 small pieces made me worst am not ppi's as it was making my blaoting worst no hunger no sounds stomach was like hard rock and its almost a month I didn't had my ppi's and had endoscopy to find what's wrong
With no ppi's one day is ok one day is bad day I eat very less and drink lots of water and liquids during bad days other day I feel lil Hungry I try to add 2 times rice and fruits and oats this how it's going after ppi's I don't understand what's wrong I eat same diet wch are non gassy but one day is ok one day is bad

when I discussed my thgs to doc he asked me to stop it and go for endoscopy that's how I prepared myself to find what's hurting me more . I will schedule an appointment soon to see wht else is going I take gasx at times but no acid reducing pills I don't see any acidity reflux as before but this bloating burping and gas struck up is on going process wch making me feel tired and exhausted now I feel I will be like this forever and gradually die one day :'(

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:13 am

Your previous endoscopy is quite normal. Not sure what causes your pain. Have you checked for bile stones?

Jaas
Genuine user

Post by Jaas » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:53 am

My blood work is normal and ct scan with contrast report is normal with few non obstructive kidney stones (this was done before giving antibiotic to me )both doctor said not to worry abt it as thy are so tiny doesnt cause problem I got my next GI appointment on 31 October need to wait till then to discuss further

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. please keep us posted.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing”