Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Diagnosing from a biopsy

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

JustAsking55

Diagnosing from a biopsy

Post by JustAsking55 »

Hi,

I had a stool test in 2014 which was negative. A year later I had an endoscopy. It only took biopsies from the body of the stomach, not antrum, and the results say that small numbers of surface h pylori were seen. The gastroenterologist said that nothing showed up in the endoscopy which explained my symptoms (I didn't have the report when I was discussing the endoscopy with him).

I'd like to know are small number of surface bacteria in the body of the stomach enough for a diagnosis of an active infection? Does anyone have a link to a web page which states something like this which I can show to my GP?

Does anyone know of any research showing that the stool sample test is not reliable in people with anti parietal cell antibodies?

Thanks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Diagnosing from a biopsy

Post by Helico_expert »

if you can see one, there are many more. Your doctor who perform endoscopy should have done a CLOtest on spot to determine presence of H. pylori.

Histology that shows surface HP like organism could mean other bacteria from saliva. In the histology report, it should at least state if you have active or chronic gastritis. That may give us a hint if you are still carrying H. pylori.

Lenochka

Post by Lenochka »

[quote="Helico_expert"]
Dear hp expert can you tell how taking ppi effect on result of biopsy and culture test. I am waiting result of biopsy. I am seek from September 2015. Please answer my question. Thanks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

PPI reduce the acid in the stomach. So,
1. H. pylori was tricked to make too much ammonia and killed itself (but some smart one will survive).
2. Other bacteria start growing and suppress the growth of H. pylori.

So patient who take PPI will have less chance in culturing. Either the bacterial load is too low or there is too many contamination and H. pylori cannot be seen.

Lenochka

Post by Lenochka »

Thanks for the answer. My doctor told it's ok to take PPI before endoscopy, and I asked him to do culture test for my cost.
I wish gastrologiests knew more about h pylory !!!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yea, the biology of H. pylori was not easy. Took Prof. Marshall's team a year to figure out how to culture H. pylori. Now that there is a cure, doctors pay less attention to it. But the good one would know what's best to kill it.

mariasherapowa

selenium can be toxic and even reduce

Post by mariasherapowa »

selenium can be toxic and even reduce androgenic hormonal or androgenic Blackcore Edge
hormonal or testosterone levels.

Lenochka

Post by Lenochka »

Helico_expert wrote:yea, the biology of H. pylori was not easy. Took Prof. Marshall's team a year to figure out how to culture H. pylori. Now that there is a cure, doctors pay less attention to it. But the good one would know what's best to kill it.
Dear helico expert can you recommend me good hp Doctor in USA?
If my GI does not help me this time I am absolutely lost. On the top of all I have hepatitis B. All my life is going to pieces.
Thanks to prof. Marshall and all his team for their work!!!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Prof. David Graham is a guru in this field. You can try contact him

https://www.bcm.edu/people/view/david-g ... 0027880ca6

jonur

Post by jonur »

I know this is an older thread, but in case it gets read again, I just wanted to ask-I know PPI use can effect test results for H. Pylori, but is this if you are on them long-term or it does not matter? I took a Nexium (one pill 40mg) 3 days before my test and was wondering if this is why I was tested negative via biopsy-was also on probiotics, I had just started about 10 days before the endoscopy, but I couldn't find too much research on the effects of probiotics + h.pylori testing.

My GI doctor didn't tell me they would be looking for that-if she had, I would have done everything in my power to have a clearer scope.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”