Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

about stool test

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

symphony

about stool test

Post by symphony »

Hi,

I have digestive symptoms from 2011, I had done blood tests all normal also done stool test for h.pylori resulted negative in 2014.
Then decided to make endoscopy 4 months ago(2016),h pylori found .I have completed 14 days treatment in march 15.

8 weeks later (yesterday) I made stool test ,results negative .But I have concern because it was negative before I have done 2014(which I rule out h pylori that time) Can I trust stool test results or breath test necesseray ?(my symptoms remains same after treatment)

Thank you for your time.
I am happy to found this site,positive stories gives me motivation.

Regards

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: about stool test

Post by Helico_expert »

Stool test is normally quite accurate. But your stool test is suspicious. Do you have access to breath test?

if you still have reflux, you can control by PPI or Ranitidine.

symphony

Post by symphony »

Hi
Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have access.İ will try for it.

nuning

Post by nuning »

Hi, I just got here for the first time. I have read your article.

Davidmike

Post by Davidmike »

nuning wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 pm
Hi, I just got here for the first time. I have read your article.
You are welcome brother. Do you have any problem?

Helicosufferer

Post by Helicosufferer »

Hi everyone,

I had the same condition where h pylori did not shown with blood test or stool test.

When doctor decided an endoscopy for me he found h pylori with gastritis.

The problem now I still have some symptoms and a lot of acid with little pain but do not know how to recheck if h pylori is gone. I don't trust those tests (in my case) anymore.
I even tried UBT and it came back negative as well.

So, are there cases where those tests do not succeed in showing h pylori?
How do we retest for it then?
Do you recommend DNA stool test?
I would appreciate if there is another choice rather than repeating the endoscopy.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

each of those test has an accuracy of over 95%. when you have three different tests agreed on negative, i would think the endoscopy result may be the wrong one.

what did your histology report say?

Helicosufferer

Post by Helicosufferer »

I did receive the histology report. I was only told that I had the h pylori.

According to my symptoms and the appearance of gastritis and the place where the biopsy was taken from (Antrum) I trust the results of endoscopy as the doctors did not find anything else for my suffering.

I actually used only stool test before the endoscopy and used the three tests again after treatment. But I have a big doubt that I still have it due to my symptoms.

So, I would appreciate if you could tell me that such a case where UBT or stool test give false negative?

I have heard of stories having false negative UBT and positive biopsy.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the UBT test rely on your acidic stomach. if your stomach is not acidic enough, UBT will fail.

Stool antigen test rely on the bacteria load. if you take PPI or antibiotics, many HP will die and you will have small number of HP. Then stool antigen may fail.

so to get accurate UBT or stool test, you will need to make sure you stop all PPI and antibiotics for a month.

Olls

Post by Olls »

A family member did the US DNA stool test recently and it seems to be more sensitive than the UK stool antigen test, as he came back positive for H.pylori when the UK test was negative. Not many UK GPs trust the US test but eventually he was treated with antibiotics and felt much better, so this indicates the result was valid. Has anyone else struggled to get doctors to trust the result?

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”