Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

3 months later, stomach started burning again

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

katia0415

3 months later, stomach started burning again

Post by katia0415 »

My h. pylori was diagnosed in January when I went home on vacation from China (I've worked here for six years). The first month or so sucked but over the last month I've managed to get off PPIs and was feeling much better; as long as I wasn't super-adventurous with what I ate, I felt completely normal. In late March I took the UBT and tested negative. When I took the test I'd been off bismuth for a month and off H2 blockers and PPIs for 3 weeks.

A week and a half ago I returned to China. I highly suspect I got the infection here (food safety in China=nightmare), so I've been careful to wash all dishes with boiled or bottled water, and the same for brushing my teeth. At the moment I am still unable to eat meat or eggs, so the big bacteria-rich foods are off-limits.

However, starting last Friday my stomach, which had settled as long as I didn't eat any eggs or meat, started acting up again, mostly just intermittent burning. Over the last few days it's gotten worse. I'm hesitant to take PPIs because it will invalidate tests, but it's also hard to believe that I tested negative less than three weeks ago and now have contracted it again, or that it has returned so quickly. I have not vomited or had any diarrhea (sorry for being disgusting), so it seems the problem rests solely in my stomach.

Is it possible that my stomach is just irritated from the different foods or stress? Should I have another test done? Is it common for this to happen?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: 3 months later, stomach started burning again

Post by Helico_expert »

You are doing the right thing. Cleaning teeth and dishes should greatly reduce transmission.

I have been traveling in and out china frequently and not being infected. I don’t think HP can be easily transmitted in adults. Unless there is constant exchange of saliva and poor hygiene of course.

If you are truly negative by UBT, I think your chances of reinfection is very low.

katia0415

Post by katia0415 »

To clarify, I have always brushed my teeth and washed my dishes lol. Just making sure that all the water I use now is boiled and germ-free. :)

I went to the doctor yesterday; they put me on PPIs for two weeks and gave me some Talcid. Hopefully that will help my poor stomach heal.

souf

Post by souf »

Hi,

I still have some stomach pain 2 years after the eradication of HP, and from what I've, most people will have these symptoms during their whole life.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

That’s not true. Most people return to normal after HP eradication. Have you done a breath test to confirm the eradication?

Vonp

Post by Vonp »

Hi all,

I’m new to this site! But what a great site I’m glad I came across it. Here’s the thing I had burning and aching in my stomach for over 2 months. So about a month ago I finally decided to go see my doctor about it and he told me it sounds like I have an ulcer so he prescribed me 40mg of ppi. So I take the ppi for a little over 3 weeks and I started to feel better like no more burns or aching as much and oh yeah I forgot to mention I had a blood test done to test for h.pylori and it came back positive. So my doctor prescribed me the triple treatment. Now the thing is I been doing fine with just the ppi for like 3 weeks but then as soon as I start taking the antibiotics I start feeling how I was before like burning and aching almost everyday. Is this caused by the antibiotics that’s making me feel this way? I have another week left for treatment and just hope it goes away after. I also dropped down from 40mg to 20mg of ppi twice day so I don’t know if me lowering my dose has anything to do with it but basically it’s the same thing before I’m just taking 20mg twice a day and before was just 40mg once a day. I really hope this feeling goes away 😔

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi, you are probably experiencing the side effects of antibiotics. However, I would suggest you to continue with your 40mg PPI. Usually the higher PPI, the better chance of eradicating H. pylori.

Vonp

Post by Vonp »

Thank you so much for your reply!

Vonp

Post by Vonp »

Another question is will the side effects last until I’m done with the treatment? If so I think I can manage just 3 more days as long as I get rid of this nasty bug!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Usually the side effect gradually stop within 3 days after stopping antibiotics. Keep up the good work.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”