Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Breath Test Preparation: Q about Herbs to avoid

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

sunshine37

Breath Test Preparation: Q about Herbs to avoid

Post by sunshine37 »

I am posting a question for my boyfriend, who is taking the H Pylori blood and breath tests soon through his allopathic doctor. He has also been under treatment by an Ayurvedic doctor for the past 3 months for treatment in his gastrointestinal tract.

He has stopped taking the herbs prescribed by the Aryuvedic doctor since Thursday there (yesterday) and is curious how long or whether he needs to worry about taking these herbs at all prior to the breath test. Some of the treatments he is receiving have to do with acid suppression, but the ingredients in the herbs may not be related to the ones in the PPIs. However, I am not sure, so I am wondering whether you can help.
Until yesterday, he was taking:

Here they are:-
1) Triphala Tablet - Each tablet contains the following in equal proportions:-
Emblica officinalis – Indian gooseberry
Terminalia chebula – Chebulic Myrobalan
Terminalia bellirica – Belleric Myrobalan

2) liquid one - each 100ml is prepared from-
- Halerrhena antidysenterica 7g;
- Adhatoda vasika 7g;
- Elettaria cardamomum 7g;
- Sizygium aromaticum 7g;
- zingiber officinale 7g;
- Piper nigrum 7g;
- Piper langum 7g;
- Glycyrrhiza glabra 7g;
- Aloe vera 7g;
- Azadirachta indica7g;
- Withania samnifera 4g;
- Terminalia arjuna 4g;
- Piper cubeba 4g;
- Strychnos nuxvomica 4g;
- Jaggery (Molasses mellaceum) 30g;
- Sal ammoniac 50mg;
- Honey 10ml.

3) Liquid no.2. Each 15ml consists of the following:-
- Tinospora cardifolia 5.7g;
- Prunus cerasoides 5.7g;
- Azadirachta indica 5.7g;
- Coriandrum sativum 5.7g.

He is also taking this Herbal tablet for general well-being (and high Blood pressure). Its ingredients are as follows:-
- Moringa oleifera;
- Nigella sativa;
- Coleus forskolii;
- Alium sativum;
- Vitis vinifera;
- Emblica officinalis;
- Terminalia chebula;
- Terminalia belerica.

Thank you for your help. He wants to take the breath and blood tests tomorrow, but is not sure whether or not these herbs will have an effect on the breath test. :)

Also, he wants to know whether or not he can take them during the antibiotic treatment, as he is still on a program with the other doctor. Some of the ingredients above are laxatives and/or can cause nausea, so I thought that perhaps they might interact badly with the antibiotics. Thank you.. :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Breath Test Preparation: Q about Herbs to avoid

Post by Helico_expert »

There is no work done specifically on these herbs, and so we dont know. I think the standard rule is, if it has true effect in killing H. pylori, you'll need to wait at least 1 to 2 weeks before the breath test to avoid false negative.

Nevertheless, if he did the breath test tomorrow and get a positive result, he single handedly proves the ineffectiveness of all these herbs.

sunshine37

Post by sunshine37 »

Thank you, Helico_expert. My boyfriend had started out taking the herbs for general treatment from the Ayurvedic doctor, as he was having sluggish digestion, as well as stomach troubles. He is delayed in taking the blood and breath test for two weeks after going off the herbs, just in case the herbs would have an effect on the test results.

RahelBisrat

Post by RahelBisrat »

herbs is more likely for treatment.. not suitable for such quick healing, like antibiotics.....
i give you example,, Lobelia Herbal Remedies for Breathing Problems Lobelia may help to dilate your airway passages and reduce bronchial spasms.. | http://smellyvaginaldischarge.net/

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”