Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

3 people. 3 tests. 3 treatments. H pylori Puzzle!!

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: 3 people. 3 tests. 3 treatments. H pylori Puzzle!!

Post by Helico_expert »

to ltb,
Relax.. there are still plenty of antibiotic options out there. You have done everything correctly. Since you have ulcer, your doctor might prescribe you a one month PPI. Therefore, you should go back for a second endoscopy checkup when you finish your PPI to see if your ulcer heal. The guideline says you'll need to take PPI until ulcer heal.

after that, you'll need to stop PPI for another month and do a follow up breath test to confirm the eradication of H. pylori.

to dioxnet,
you need to know if you are actually infected with H. pylori. Have you done a breath test to confirm the H. pylori infection?

dioxnet

Post by dioxnet »

thanks, I did not have any proof, everything is on the waiting list: (
one year waiting list : (

now took 3 days without symptoms, my changes were, take my omeprazole, and start with sucralfate (8 days I carry) I before all this, drank 2 liters coke zero, and 4 and 5 coffees a day, no American cafes cafes :) :) and a lot stronger strees
so that you pop me elos veins in eyes, my children kill me :)

Ltb

Post by Ltb »

Thanks for replying. My burping is really my only symptom usually with acid when I'm not on ppi. I finished my second round on antibiotics yesterday, and today I'm burping so much more. Is this a good sign.?

My burping is always worse on an empty stomach too usually 4hours plus after eating. I just want to know if it could be other bacteria rather than h pylori. I have a duodenal ulcer too and duodenitis.
I'm just freaking out that it still hasn't gone. What else can cause chronic burping on an empty stomach? Should have seen some change after antibiotics. I'm also worried because doctors don't seem to pick it up in tests. Admittedly I've only had 1stool test (negative in October) and an endoscopy (negative in january). Doctor is baffled as I have an ulcer. Something is also causing duodenitis as I was off ppi for 2weeks and in that time duodenitis appeared!

At my last endoscopy they took 4 biopsies. Is this an accurate test?

The longer thus goes on and the more antibiotics I gave that seem ineffective, the more I'm freaking out. Would you recommend I ask the doctor to culture my stomach and prescribe antibiotics this way?
Thanks so much for your replies it's keeping me more positive at the moment!

dioxnet

Post by dioxnet »

I'm no expert and I have the same symptoms as you, but it could not be
strees and the nerves, and food and other habits .. and any medication side effects?

I, am very nervisos, stressed every day, and in 5 minutes and sometimes feet, not just chew, drank coke 2 liters a day, and 5 cafes

While the symptoms disappeared I was when I started eating and chewing slowly and sitting outside my kids :(

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

To ltb,

It is important that you only take antibiotics if your H. pylori is positive. It is possible that you developed reflux symptom after H. pylori treatment. The reason is unknown.

so, you should find out from your doctor how to find out if you are still infected with H. pylori. I recommend breath test. Check this guideline when to do a breath test.

http://www.imvs.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/conne ... OD=AJPERES

to dioxnet,
2L of coke and 5 coffee sound a bit extreme. You need to find a good doctor to check if you are infected with H. pylori. Can you ask for a breath test?

dioxnet

Post by dioxnet »

I already know that was extreme, damn caffeine ... :)

I will insist my doctor on the breath test, thank you very much :D

bobcrabtree77

Post by bobcrabtree77 »

I have had indigestion off and on for years. Started on lansoprazole about 5 years ago which was great - cured my symptoms. I was then found to be anaemic - 2 years ago - hb dropped to 10.3 - with very low iron levels - had lots of tests - endoscopy and colonoscopy were normal. Biopsy of stomach was negative for helicobacter but blood test was positive. Had triple therapy about 1 year ago and this worked like magic - cured my indigestion. But I still get heartburn and have had to back on lansoprazole (only 15mg)- have tried diet for heartburn - very strict GERD diet - see http://www.enetmd.com/content/gerd-diet for details. I am not over weight, do not smoke and rarely drink alcohol. No cause found for anaemia and hb is now 15 after taking iron tablets. It is frustrating that I still get heartburn but at least my burning indigestion pain at the top of my abdomen has gone. I was wondering if taking lansoprazole increases my risk oh getting helicobacter again. I think I would know if I got helicobacter again but was wondering if I should have it checked again sometime in the future. It is also strange that the blood test was positive but the biopsy was negative, but the effect of triple therapy was so dramatic that I think I must have had helicobacter. My family doctor has suggested that I try and wean myself of lansoprazole gradually - ie 6 per week, 5 per week, 4 per week etc - I have started this just this week - will let you know. Bob

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Interesting story and a great topic for discussion.

The fact that you have been on PPI for so long, assuming that you were still having it during the endoscopy session, it is possible that the PPI mask the detection of H. pylori. In that case, Blood test is the more accurate test.

However, Blood test is not good after your antibiotic treatment. Because Bloot test will always be positive for up to 3 years. So, to confirm the eradication of H. pylori after antibiotic treatment, you'll need to do a breath test.

To do a breath test, you'll need to stop PPI. I agree with your doctor to gradually reduce your PPI and when you finally stopped, wait four weeks and go get a breath test done.

Otherwise, you can discuss with your doctor about the alternative acid blocker before the breath test.

http://www.imvs.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/conne ... OD=AJPERES

Ltb

Post by Ltb »

hi. I just thought id give an update to see what you thought. On the penultimate day of my second round tablets (day 6) I had a period of 6 hours where my burping stopped and I felt like something was happening. I was so emotional thinking it was finally dead. However the next morning the burping came back. I have now been on the ppi for another week and have two weeks left on this. This weekend my burping has really dropped down . My biggest symptom is burping as soon as I wake up on an empty stomach. its still there a bit but not as much as when I was on the antibiotics.

My recent endoscopy showed that my peptic ulcer was "healing" so I guess it still could be the cause of the burping. Also they said I had duodenitis so if I take the ppi for another 2 weeks should my burping calm down completely?

I just want to know the chances of eradication and if I have just reduced the h pylori but it is still there just in smaller numbers?

Just to recap. Had endoscopy in January. found ulcer. no h pylori. dr gave me triple therapy for 1 week. Clarith/Amox and PPi. No improvements after 1 month still burping.
February : another endoscopy: found ulcer to be healing, also found duodenitis. prescribed Tet/Metron/ppi. no h pylori found but dr gave me anyway.
March 3rd: burping slowing down but still there. Burping on empty stomach is the one thing that's driving me mad and its the only thing that makes me realise something is not right. The only relief is that the burps aren't acidic when im on ppi

thanks for helping!

dioxnet

Post by dioxnet »

I learned that the symptoms, leaving one day to another, but then they go very ... very .... slowly, but what there is to know is that ban, because although burping will have less and each day will be less, never lower our guard :)

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”