2 year and no treatment

After many years of H.pylori infection a cancer can develop in the stomach. This is particularly common in Latin America and Asia (esp. Japan). It is believed that lifelong inflammation of the stomach lining causes low acidity which then allows carcinogens to be active in the stomach. These then cause stem cells (part of the healing process) to mutate and become cancer cells.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

tummytroubletrucker
Genuine user

2 year and no treatment

Post by tummytroubletrucker » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:56 am

I am a 33 yr old female trucker. 2years ago I had to stop for what I thought was a heart attack.We were driving through a lil town whos hospital only had 4 rooms. They tested my enzymes and they came back negative but the hpylori test came back positive :cry: I have always taken care of myself but I had a reaction to the antiboitics and stopped taking them. Now it is 2 years later with the same issues and my dad thinks I contracted mrsa thought this ordeal. What are the chances of it being related and since my family seems to be cancer lighting rods what are the chances since I have not treated this that it can go from bad to OH Snap :cry: thanks

tamar32
Genuine user

Re: 2 year and no treatment

Post by tamar32 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Tummy,

As far as my knowledge about Helicobacter pylori, you can simply test it through your blood test. I don't think it is going to cost you much because it can be done by any professional who has sufficient knowledge. Further, its been two years that you have not recognized any symptoms, its better to test yourself soon.

barjammar
Site Admin

Post by barjammar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Think carefully before calling yourself "allergic to penicillin". If you have a life threatening infection penicillin-type antibiotics are still the best to use. If you can't take them then you are more difficult to treat. Consider allergy testing. :geek:
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
http://www.helico.com/forums/docs/20080 ... atment.pdf

Helico_scientist
Genuine user

Post by Helico_scientist » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 am

Hi,

I think you should start by testing H.pylori again using a breath test for example (quick and reliable). Then, you can talk to your GP and see what antibiotic would be the best for you. Other antibiotic to eradicate H.pylori exists.

Good luck

Return to “Stomach cancer and lymphoma”