Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

After seven rounds of antibiotics, still HP with atrophic gastritis and IM

After first line treatment, various "second line" treatments can be used. The policy for H.pylori is: Make sure the infection is real (breath test for follow-up). Always give a high dose of PPI (acid blocker) when using amoxicillin. In the second treatment, give a different drug in place of clarithromycin.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

mirjanna
Genuine user

After seven rounds of antibiotics, still HP with atrophic gastritis and IM

Post by mirjanna » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi,

I am writing in hope for a word of advice and support.

I have been diagnosed with HP in 2004. I had three ulcers in the forming, atrophic gastritis and complete intestinal metaplasia III. In addition to that, I have also had erosive esophagitis grade II. After the first round of antibiotics, my esophagitis went away. But HP remained.
12 years later, with 6 more rounds of antibiotics and unsuccessful attempt of HP culture in between, I am still struggling to find a cure for HP.
I have never had any serious symptoms. It was all discovered by accident. But I am super worried and depressed every time I see a gastroenterologist and get another round of briefing about progression from AG and IM to gastric cancer.
Doctors seem to have been lost in terms of how to monitor me and how to deal with resistance of bacteria.
Any word of advise? Direction? Contact?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: After seven rounds of antibiotics, still HP with atrophic gastritis and IM

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:18 am

I am sorry to hear. But the good news is, many metaplasia patients recover back to normal after successfully eradicate H. pylori.

I have answered your post in another forum.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=205090#p214590

Return to “Ideas for Resistant H.pylori Infections”