Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

2007-2015 of ulcer pain

Ulcers of the duodenum and stomach are called peptic ulcers. H.pylori causes most ulcers; other causes are aspirin and arthritis type drugs (NSAIDS). Ulcers can also be in the oesophagus but these are not caused by H.pylori.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Stefany04

2007-2015 of ulcer pain

Post by Stefany04 »

Hello! Ive had ulcer pain since 2007 and in 2015 diagnosed with H Pylori (and stomach ulcer) via blood test. Since waiting so long to seek treatment, what is the extent of the damage? The ulcer pain only got worse through the years but my usual GP told me to stop stressing and gave me an anti-anxiety med. The ucler pain started to make me nausea & want to vomit, along with pain, stress, & inability to soothe the discomfort. The ulcer feels to be at the bottom of my esophagus, top of tummy. My other question is, when taking Clarit (anti biotic) 500 mg (2x's daily)+ Amoxi 1000mg (2x's daily)+ Sucro 500mg (4x's daily) + an acid blocker (2x's a day) -- what is thAt taste in my mouth? Some ppl have said it the h pylori and others say its the Claritomycillan (sp.?). After i take the anti-biotics, the taste creeps into my mouth.. Needless to say, my 3rd day of treatment and ive been ulcer pain free!! I just hope it stays without meds....

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: 2007-2015 of ulcer pain

Post by Helico_expert »

The taste is most likely due to Clarithromycin. This antibiotic gets into your blood stream and comes out into your mouth via saliva and continuously expose itself to the H. pylori. It's a great drug. But, with the nasty taste. You didnt feel the "ulcer" pain probably due to the acid blocker.

I am glad that you only have mild side effects. Please keep up the good work and one month later, remember to get a follow up breath test to show that you are cleared of H. pylori.

sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Hi All!

I'm new to this forum here i just share an informations about Ulcer pain. The most common symptom of a stomach ulcer is a burning or gnawing pain that develops in your abdomen (tummy). The pain can also travel up to your neck, down to your navel (belly-button) or through to your back.

The pain associated with a stomach ulcer is caused by the ulcer itself and stomach acid that comes into contact with the ulcer and irritates it. The pain can last from a few minutes to a few hours.

You may find pain starts soon after eating a meal. If the ulcer is in your small intestine (duodenal ulcer), pain may start two to three hours after eating so it may wake you up during the night.

Eating more food and taking antacids (indigestion medication) can often help relieve the pain of a duodenal ulcer, but not usually the pain of a stomach ulcer.
Less common symptoms of a stomach ulcer include:
  • indigestion
  • heartburn
  • loss of appetite
  • being sick
Some people also find they can no longer tolerate eating fatty foods.

Stomach ulcers often do not cause typical symptoms and occasionally do not cause any pain at all. Which means it's possible to get a complication, such as bleeding, without feeling pain beforehand. Thank you keep in touch with me.. :)

michaeljonson

Post by michaeljonson »

The taste might be due to the antibiotics you are taking. Hope you get well soon.
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

Return to “Ulcers: Duodenal and Gastric”