Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Please Help me, made an mistake in Treatemnt and Stuff

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helpmeplease101
Genuine user

Please Help me, made an mistake in Treatemnt and Stuff

Post by Helpmeplease101 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:12 am

Ok I will try to make this simple and short but I hope you understand where am coming from and what am trying to question?

I was diagonised with h pylori 8 months ago or so,
First Treatment Amoxi, Clairytrhomin, OMPERZOLE
Second Amoxi, Metronidazole, Omperazole
3rd Up the dosages for amoxi, metronidazole, Omperazole, ( I just did the stool test few days ago so I am waiting for answer)

HERE IS The BIG MISTAKE I MADE. When i was clearing my medication bottles, after finish my 3rd treatment, 3000 mg amoxi per day, I saw leftovers from my second treatment, and I realized that I only took 2 amoxicilling a day when I was supposed to take 4, that was my last treatment.

I finished my 3rd treatment and I still been vomiting here and there, but its in the morning. When I wake up I vomit this acid, and I feel like h pylori is still there.

I am worried that i might of created resistance to amoxicillin from not taking the right dosages.
They did an endscopy after the 2nd treatment to diagonse the h pylori and also did biopsy, so would my doctor know if i was resistance to it? And one more question

Can i keep reinfecting it to my self? like sneezing? coughing? from not washing my hands? Please Help... thank you

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Please Help me, made an mistake in Treatemnt and Stuff

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:53 am

the good news is, HP cannot become resistant to amoxicillin. So you can keep on taking. It is such a safe drug and you can take it high dose.

another antibiotic that HP cannot become resistant to is bismuth. So you can always combine Amox and Bis and one more antibiotic that you had never tried. eg. Ciprofloxacin, Tetracycline, Rifabutin or Furazolidone. (The side effect severity increase from left to right. So I would recommend you to try cipro in your next treatment).

another good news is that HP is actually very hard to be transmitted for adults. As long as you maintain your basic hygiene like brushing teeth, washing hands, and no sharing food/drink.

Now that you finished your 3rd treatment, you should wait for a month.. then do a follow up breath test to find out if HP is still there.

PS: another tip. Try not to use omeprazole in your next treatment. Replace it with Rabeprazole or Esomeprazole. Ask for double the standard dose.

Helpmeplease101
Genuine user

Post by Helpmeplease101 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Thank you for responding to my question!

I have one more question, I already did the stool test and its been a month am just waiting on the results and will make sure to update it here.

The reason I was taking omeprazole was that I was on Protonix, but it just didn't work... I don't know why but Omeprazole did, it could be a mental thing because i just am not the best with my mental strength... ( i get really worried when am sick and stuff, since Omeprazole was working the last 2 treatment, I was on 40 mg per day)

My other question was that, When I was treating for the 3rd treatment, I was sick with the cold(acute bronchitis) did this play any role in my treatment?

Can i still have symptoms after H pylori is gone? I know this a common question but I just dont understand how this is possible.. sorry if this is stupid to ask..

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:44 am

Some people metabolise certain PPI faster than other people. So it is good that you felt omeprazole works. It probably does work.

the cold should interfere with the treatment as long as you finished the antibiotics.

the symptoms will gradually go away after H. pylori is successfully eradicated. It is important to confirm the eradication after treatment. Most people will feel the improvement immediately after treatment. But some unfortunate one will take a longer time.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=206297&p=215291#p215291

Helpmeplease101
Genuine user

Post by Helpmeplease101 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Wait so it did interfere? with my treatment? well, thats not good then and thanks for letting me know about the symptoms! Much appreciated! One more day and I get my results back!

Enjoy your holidays!

Helpmeplease101
Genuine user

Post by Helpmeplease101 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:52 pm

UPDATE------ I DON"T HAVE THE INFECTION ANYMORE!

I WILL MAKE ANOTHER TOPIC ON HOW I DEALT WITH IT AND WHAT MY SYMPTOMS ARE RIGHT NOW!/ My medication route

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! I AM THE HAPPIEST ALIVE RIGHT NOW!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Congratulation! Can totally feel your happiness.

Cara
Genuine user

Post by Cara » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 am

I'm new here an
D am encouraged that it was eradicated. Day 6 here of 10

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”