HELP! I CANNOT DO THIS AGAIN!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

hbombzikins
Genuine user

HELP! I CANNOT DO THIS AGAIN!

Post by hbombzikins » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 pm

I was on this forum 2 years ago while going thru an h pylori infection and treatment. I was very sick for 4 months, and it took 6 months after treatment to feel human again...but i cured it!

Fast foreward 1.5 years later and i have symptoms again! :( i am completely devastated! After 8 days of hell i went to the ER and asked for a breath test. They could not offer breath tests in the er and said i would have to go thru my doctor. I just switched my doctor and cannot make an appt till sept 1st.
Im going on 11 days of gastritis/ulcer symptoms and my anxiety is thru the roof! I cannot go thru this again!

The er doc said that just because symptoms are back does not always mean h pylori is back, and that many people who eradicate it can suffer gastritis attacks later in life. IS THIS TRUE!?
She has me taking pepcid 2 times a day. Im on day 3 with no relief. PLEASE HELP ME! i cannot go thru this whole thing again. I need someone to reassure me that its possible that the bacteria isnt back.

hbombzikins
Genuine user

Re: HELP! I CANNOT DO THIS AGAIN!

Post by hbombzikins » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 pm

I must add that my symptoms started suddenly after drinking iced tea one day. Prior to that, i was under immense stress and not sleeping well. Could this have anything to do with it? My stomach feels inflamed, lots of loud gurgling, no appetite, cant eat much, feels like my stomach is full if air, weight loss, MAJOR ANXIETY.

HELP ME PLEASE!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:01 pm

The only way to find out is by breath test. Take the H2 blocker for a few days, when you are feeling better, go to a GP and get tested. It's not easy to get H. pylori back. Nevertheless, it is not impossible.

Mental stress can sometimes trigger gastric symptoms. So I would recommend you to relax and calm down.. get the test done and then we'll figure out what's the best next step.

if it is negative, then we'll just have to give time for the acute attack to subside.

hbombzikins
Genuine user

Post by hbombzikins » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Thank you for replying. Yesterday, I found a loophole to getting a test done. The doc i spoke with would only do a stool test...i begged for breath test becuase i have been very constipated and wanted the test done asap. He insisted stool is more accurate. I turned in the stool test an hour ago, so now i wait.
The doc says he doesnt think that it is h pylori again, and that i can be prone to gastritis attacks even with h pylori eradicated. Is this true? How long do acute attacks last? Im going on 12 days right now.

I was thinking back and realized i did have other symptoms before this attack. Frequent nausea (im always nauseous tho ever since eradication) which wasnt a huge deal....but then about a month before this attack, i noticed my stomach would gurgle very loudly after i ate. No discomfort, just super loud and embarassing gurgling...oh and lots of passing gas. Im a single mom and always on the go...so all the signs were there and i was too busy to pay attention. Then i drank that ice tea and have been in hell since. Wtf could have caused this if its not HP?? I never have had these symptoms besides when i had HP. 😢😢😢😢

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:21 am

It is true that you can have this gastric attack without H. pylori. in addition, the more you think about it, the more likely you're going to experience something.

the gastric attack could be induced by anything. If it is due to a pathogen, like bacteria or virus (other than H. pylori), usually it wont last more than 5 days. If it is due psychology, then you'll have to distract yourself from thinking about it. But, a good laboratory result will usually reassure yourself.

a stool test is fine. let's wait for the stool test result.

how's the pain like? sharp? have you talked to your doctor about possible gall stone?

hbombzikins
Genuine user

Post by hbombzikins » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Its not even a pain. Its a constant bloating and turning of stomach. Lots of gurgling. Gas. Constipation. Nausea. Feeling full off of a couple bites of a meal. Doc says gastritis. Im going on day 13 of this. I wake up every day with a surge of anxiety that i have this again. The doc said that weather its HP or not, it can take weeks or even months to heal from a gastritis attack. Im scared cus this is all the same symptoms from when i last had HP. I cannot handle this. The treatment was so rough...and i have been so careful with handwashing and cleanliness...if i have it again then theres nothing that will keep it away.

hbombzikins
Genuine user

Post by hbombzikins » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:25 am

I do remember that symptoms started soon after beginning a very instense excercise and diet plan. I worked out very hard 2 days a week for 6 weeks with a personal trainer (mind you i did not work out at all before starting this). The workouts would leave me nauseous and i even cried during them. But i felt accomplished after so i kept doing them. Today i read that intense exercise can cause gastritis flare ups. Could this be the problem?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:36 am

to be honest, i havent heard much about the correlation between intense training and gastritis symptom. But, i was wondering if change of diet may be the cause? have you checked if you are allergic to certain food? a sudden change of diet or high intake of protein supplements may upset the microbiome and cause the bloating symptoms.

hbombzikins
Genuine user

Post by hbombzikins » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 am

Test came back h pylori not detected. I'm relieved but also don't believe it because of my stomach symptoms.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 am

since your result came back negative, even if it exist, it could be because the bacteria load is so low that it's not detectable. So, usually situation like this, we suggest patients to wait one to two months, without any medication, so the bacteria can come back. If it really exist, the quantity will go up. If it is not there, then it doesnt matter.

But for now, i would believe that you are free of H. pylori, and your symptom is cause by something else. My bet is on certain food that you may be allergic to.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”