HELP! I CANNOT DO THIS AGAIN!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

hbombzikins
Genuine user

Re: HELP! I CANNOT DO THIS AGAIN!

Post by hbombzikins » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 pm

I spoke with the doctor today. One worry i have is that i took prilosec for 1 day within the week before getting the stool test done. I stopped after 1 day because i went to the er and they suggested i take h2 blockers instead.

When i had h pylori 2 years ago, i was on prilosec for a whole week without stopping before i took the stool test and it still came up positive.

The doc doesnt think that one day would effect it...and with my past experiences im not thinking so either...but my anxiety is telling me otherwise. What do you think?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:18 am

i think one day wont affect the result either.

The stool test is testing the protein on the H. pylori. The amount of H. pylori will affect the result. Although PPI can reduce H. pylori load, I dont think one day of PPI can do much effect on H. pylori.

hbombzikins
Genuine user

Post by hbombzikins » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:21 am

Thank you for helping me thru this. Hopefully i will start to feel better soon

keishkaylah
Genuine user

Post by keishkaylah » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Full recovery is indeed a long and anxiety filled road...It's been 5 days since I finished my triple therapy but I still have stomach discomfort...burping quite a few times...pain is there but it's nothing I can't manage. It really is frustrating. I wake up every morning wondering if that pain will come again...and I still have low energy. This bug really is a nasty one.
I pray we fully recover soon.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”