iGM vs iGA vs IGG

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: iGM vs iGA vs IGG

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:31 am

if breath test comes back negative, you can throw the blood test result away. Blood test is tends to have false positive.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Sat May 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi helico you were right. breath test is negative.

I think I have too much acid now and I may need to be on acid supressor but I hate to be one. However if its the only way to help my stomach heal, I'd do it.

Did you find any patients who had to take PPI/H2 Blocker "after treatment" to recover?

Can I heal without it? or should I have another endoscopy to confirm eradication? Not sure where to go from there.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sun May 07, 2017 8:22 am

Most people return to normal after removing H. pylori. However, from time to time, we do see patients return with reflux symptoms and has to be controlled with PPI or H2 blocker.

Some members in the forum continue PPI for 2-3 years before they get better. But, ultimately, people do get better. So be positive.
:)

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Thu May 11, 2017 9:06 pm

thanks helico my doctor gave me tetracycline and a PPI for the reflux not to kill h pylori but to kill any left over bacteria that's giving me food intolerances. I get diarrhea when eating carbs or something that my body doesnt tolerate (but normal ppl have no problems) for example some fats and worse of all: carbs.

Do you have any thoughts on this? I am pleased with the treatment he gave me, it might be the reason why I have so much symptoms when eating carbohydrates but generally OK with protein & fats.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri May 12, 2017 1:25 am

it's a bit unscientific if an antibiotic is given to kill an unknown bacteria. But, if it works, it works.

So do you know if you have H. pylori now?

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Fri May 12, 2017 1:29 pm

he does research and studies on h pylori too but he thinks i dont have it because my tests are negative except for the blood tests. The main issue is the food intolerances, it seems ive lost the ability to digest tons of things and we've ruled all other causes he thinks i have SIBO or something like that which is causing the intolerances.

Obviously i think i have SIBO but its caused by the food intolerances in the first place since i cant digest what i eat, bacteria eats it :D who else.

My case is exactly like hers:

viewtopic.php?t=204840

Except I have gastritis and I can have sucrose , it's the only carba that doesnt give me symptoms.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”