Are my symptoms Typical?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Spencey
Genuine user

Are my symptoms Typical?

Post by Spencey » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:48 pm

I have had a torrid few months.....originally back in December developed an Abdominal Pain that I only noticed during physical exercise. Things progressively got worse until my Doctor had me have an Ultrasound, CT scan, Colonoscopy, Gastroscopy, bloods etc and all showed nothing but things kept getting worse with the constant Abdominal pain that also went round to my back and felt so painful I thought I had Kidney stones or kidney issues and had to go on pain Meds to get through the day and to get some sleep at night. Coughing, sneezing, walking put me in so much pain so much so I thought for sure I had some internal organ issue going on. In the end they thought Grumbling Appendix which they took out but of course that didn't sort it!

Anyway did the breath test and was found Positive for Helicobacter P and then went on the triple therapy and about a week after I finished I felt relief and everyday I feel better, the back pain has more or less gone and I still have a bit of abdominal pain that reminds me of a stitch but its nothing like it was. Can this horrible bacteria really cause so much pain to where it feels like all the abdominal cavity and organs feel inflamed? Can this thing come back and how should I go about the next few months....was thinking of taking Mastic Gum 500mg along with Liquorice Root just to safeguard the eradication of this Bacteria along with fruits and Veg..

Many Thanks

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Are my symptoms Typical?

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:24 am

Helicobacter pylori causes all sort of gastric problems. I think you should contact your doctor and make an appointment for a followup breath test. It is important to make sure that the bacteria is really eradicated.

In addition, you have to stop taking Mastic Gum, PPI, or any antibiotics for a month before the follow up breath test.

casoteaser
Genuine user

Re: Are my symptoms Typical?

Post by casoteaser » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:02 am

thank for info .fifa55

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”