am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:04 am

although literature suggest that breath and stool test are equally sensitive, i personally would prefer breath test.

17 days without omeprazole is good enough. you can continue famotidine until the night before breath test.

lxy172733823
Genuine user

Post by lxy172733823 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:01 am

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:04 am
although literature suggest that breath and stool test are equally sensitive, i personally would prefer breath test.

17 days without omeprazole is good enough. you can continue famotidine until the night before breath test.
Hello expert!
I already have test done at 10 this morning, the last time i took H2 blocker was yesterday 8 in the morning.
during 17 days, i still felt some symptoms, such as bloating, mild acid reflux, occasional abdominal pain, are these symptoms normal?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:34 am

some people does have some reflux symptoms after treatment. Nobody knows why. We believe that the stomach is healing and trying to get use to a new bacteria free state.

lxy172733823
Genuine user

Post by lxy172733823 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:34 am
some people does have some reflux symptoms after treatment. Nobody knows why. We believe that the stomach is healing and trying to get use to a new bacteria free state.
Thank you expert,
I will let you know result latter, they told me that they will have result by Friday.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm

You have the most interesting case and your result will help a lot of people. It's hard to believe I killed the bug but I still feel awful (I dont take any medicines but might take a PPI bc the reflux is really damaging my teeth and throat ).

If you test positive then all of us who are feeling awful should have the bacteria too and we should retest (I will soon). But the breath test doesnt seem reliable, there are so many ways to do it which one is most effective? For example some make u wait 20 min others more only take one blow into the tub other two blows i dont know whos right or wrong with these tests.

Stool detected it for me but I never did a breath test for detection. I did stool and breath test to confirm eradication.

I will also take the test. I have seem to have lost a lot of enzymes especially with starch/lactose after I got infected, so im left with fat and meat which is no good for gastritis :D no way out for me.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:25 am

photon wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm
But the breath test doesnt seem reliable, there are so many ways to do it which one is most effective? For example some make u wait 20 min others more only take one blow into the tub other two blows i dont know whos right or wrong with these tests.
Hi,

there are mainly two types of breath test. one is using C13 and another is using C14.

C14 base test kit is the original invention of Prof Marshall where only H. pylori in the stomach can digest the C14-urea and patient will breath out C14 CO2. This technique only requires patient to collect one balloon.

C13 base test kit was developed later on because of people paranoid of C14 radiation. C13 is more natural isotope and is already present in everyone's body. This technique requires two collections of balloons. The first breath collection measure your baseline C13. Then the patient is asked to swallow the C13 pill, if HP is present, then C13 pill will be broken down and there will be much higher C13 level than the first collected breath.

lxy172733823
Genuine user

Post by lxy172733823 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:34 am
Hello expert, i already got result which is also negative. I'm considering to take stool test for H.pylori. do you have any recommendations?

one thing that i'm very sure is that i have chronic gastritis from the result of previous upper endoscopy May 2016. what i'm not aware of is that could the symptoms of chronic gastritis recur in a period of time? because i don't have many experience on it. my recent symptoms just appeared very suddenly, and it has been com and gone in the past 30 days, i feel good some days and upset in other das. last time i had symptoms was April 2016.
Last edited by lxy172733823 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

lxy172733823
Genuine user

Post by lxy172733823 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:39 pm

photon wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm
You have the most interesting case and your result will help a lot of people. It's hard to believe I killed the bug but I still feel awful (I dont take any medicines but might take a PPI bc the reflux is really damaging my teeth and throat ).

If you test positive then all of us who are feeling awful should have the bacteria too and we should retest (I will soon). But the breath test doesnt seem reliable, there are so many ways to do it which one is most effective? For example some make u wait 20 min others more only take one blow into the tub other two blows i dont know whos right or wrong with these tests.

Stool detected it for me but I never did a breath test for detection. I did stool and breath test to confirm eradication.

I will also take the test. I have seem to have lost a lot of enzymes especially with starch/lactose after I got infected, so im left with fat and meat which is no good for gastritis :D no way out for me.
my test result is negative also, i'm not sure if this test is accurate, so, i'm considering to take stool test for H.pylori to make sure it is right.
one thing that i'm very sure is that i have chronic gastritis. what i'm not aware of is that could the symptoms of chronic gastritis recur in a period of time? because i don't have many experience on it. my recent symptoms just appeared very suddenly, and it has been com and gone in the past 30 days.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:49 am

stool test is as accurate as breath test. However, these test are only accurate if they are done according to the manufacturer's recommendation. There will always be discrepancies between laboratories. The error rate will be different depending on who is running the test. For most people, the data will be accurate.

anyway, looking forward to hearing from your test result.

lxy172733823
Genuine user

Post by lxy172733823 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:31 am

Helico_expert wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:49 am
stool test is as accurate as breath test. However, these test are only accurate if they are done according to the manufacturer's recommendation. There will always be discrepancies between laboratories. The error rate will be different depending on who is running the test. For most people, the data will be accurate.

anyway, looking forward to hearing from your test result.
Thank you expert. I will see a doctor tomorrow, meanwhile i will ask doctor to order a stool test for me. I will let you know result once i have it.

one more question, do some symptoms of normal gastritis (such as bloating,acid reflux,) recur in a period of time without infection of H.Pylori?

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”