am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

lxy172733823
Genuine user
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by lxy172733823 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:58 am

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:31 pm
you'll be fine.. if you are worried, just book yourself an endoscopy every few years.

Thank you,
but you don't think that i need to have an upper endoscopy done for this time right? because i have previous done around 10 months ago.

Helico_expert
Genuine user
Posts: 2387
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:22 am

if gastritis is the only thing they saw, there is nothing to worry about. you can have another endoscopy check 2 to 3 years later.

now, just focus on healing. if you have reflux symptom, you should continue to take acid blocker (either PPI or H2 blocker). Choose H2 blocker if you are going to do a breath test later. You can continue taking H2 blocker until the night before the breath test.

lxy172733823
Genuine user
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by lxy172733823 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:18 am

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:22 am
if gastritis is the only thing they saw, there is nothing to worry about. you can have another endoscopy check 2 to 3 years later.

now, just focus on healing. if you have reflux symptom, you should continue to take acid blocker (either PPI or H2 blocker). Choose H2 blocker if you are going to do a breath test later. You can continue taking H2 blocker until the night before the breath test.
Thank you for your suggestion Doctor,
I don't have any acid reflux this time except bloating especially after meal,and mild random stomach ache. I will see doctor tomorrow to get my test result, and i will keep you updated. I will pass your suggestions to the doctor i will see tomorrow.

Thank you

lxy172733823
Genuine user
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by lxy172733823 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 am

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:22 am
if gastritis is the only thing they saw, there is nothing to worry about. you can have another endoscopy check 2 to 3 years later.

now, just focus on healing. if you have reflux symptom, you should continue to take acid blocker (either PPI or H2 blocker). Choose H2 blocker if you are going to do a breath test later. You can continue taking H2 blocker until the night before the breath test.
Hello expert, i already got H.Pylori test that came back to negative. Doctor told me to have another breath test done in 15 days. She prescribed Famotidine to me.

Helico_expert
Genuine user
Posts: 2387
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Yup. You can take Famotidine until the day before your next breath test.

lxy172733823
Genuine user
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by lxy172733823 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:09 pm

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:43 pm
Yup. You can take Famotidine until the day before your next breath test.
Thank you for you response,Doctor

Also i have a question, can symptoms caused by gastritis appear periodically or repetitively after eradication of H.Pylori? Because it's been almost one and half year since last quadruple therapy for HP,and i felt perfectly in whole 2016 without any symptoms. My recent symptoms just came suddenly without any signs.

lxy172733823
Genuine user
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by lxy172733823 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:57 am

lxy172733823 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:09 pm
Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:43 pm
Yup. You can take Famotidine until the day before your next breath test.
Thank you for you response,Doctor

Also i have a question, can symptoms caused by gastritis appear recurrently after eradication of H.Pylori? Because it's been almost one and half year since last quadruple therapy for HP,and i felt perfectly in whole 2016 without any symptoms. My recent symptoms just came suddenly without any signs.

Helico_expert
Genuine user
Posts: 2387
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:01 am

some people does develop reflux symptoms after HP eradication.
some people take months or years to feel normal again.

In your case, we want to know you are free of HP. Only then there is a chance for your stomach to heal. If HP is not eradicated, then you are just wasting time waiting for something good to happen.

lxy172733823
Genuine user
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by lxy172733823 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 am

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:01 am
some people does develop reflux symptoms after HP eradication.
some people take months or years to feel normal again.

In your case, we want to know you are free of HP. Only then there is a chance for your stomach to heal. If HP is not eradicated, then you are just wasting time waiting for something good to happen.
Thank you Doctor,
I will keep you updated when i have result of breath test.

lxy172733823
Genuine user
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: am i get infected by H.Pylori again?? need help!!!

Post by lxy172733823 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:01 am
some people does develop reflux symptoms after HP eradication.
some people take months or years to feel normal again.

In your case, we want to know you are free of HP. Only then there is a chance for your stomach to heal. If HP is not eradicated, then you are just wasting time waiting for something good to happen.
Hello expert, I just have my second breath test done this morning. it was 17 days ago since i took omeprazol.
Is 17 days avoiding ppi for breath test okay? also, i have been taking famotidine for almost 15 days, the symptoms do relieve better but i still have acid reflux and bloating sometimes.

The Doctor ordered stool test for H.Pylori last time, i just saw it when i went to clinic. staff told me that instead of taking breath test i will need to take stool test for H.Pylori. I insisted that i wanted to take breath test, finally doctor gave me breath, the reason is because they want to circumvent it.
my question is that which test is more accurate?

Post Reply

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”