Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

More Antibiotics

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Ccbloom
Genuine user

More Antibiotics

Post by Ccbloom » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 am

Hi all,

I posted the other day re my h-pylori situation. I went to the doctor yet again to ask for a repeat breath test (this time a different GP) but instead of booking me in he simply gave me the same prescription of antibiotics again and said 'sometimes infections just come back'.

It's no different from my last eradication therapy except the dose of Amoxicillin is higher. I am really loathe to take more antibiotics needlessly because of the other issues they cause me for months after.

Obviously for some reason they don't see it necessary for me to have another breath test, can I buy this anywhere? If I still have the h-pylori I am of course willing to take the therapy again to try to get rid of this, but if I don't still have it then I will be causing more problems by taking the antibiotics again.

He also referred me for an abominal ultrasound saying that the right side of my stomach is more tense than the other, could this be an h-pylori issue? Can they see stomach ulcers on an ultrasound?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: More Antibiotics

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 pm

using the same antibiotics is not a good recommendation.

using the same antibiotics with higher dose of Amoxicillin is when there is no other antibiotics to try.

ultrasound is to make sure your pain is not due to gall stone.

for breath test, you can always see another GP.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”