no h pylori but everything is worse

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

photon
Genuine user

no h pylori but everything is worse

Post by photon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:24 am

i have more reflux and worse gastritis symptoms since removal, i dont take anything for those of you who healed what did u take or ate i basically eat meat and veggies it makes symptoms lesssevere buttheyre still there

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: no h pylori but everything is worse

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:09 pm

you probably have to try some herbal remedy to adjust your normal flora. I heard mint tea and probiotics help. Have you tried those?

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:00 pm

well im taking probiotics enzymes and pepzin gi but its not helping much wether i stop em or not i dontsee much difference i think my stomach is severely damaged from having h pylori for so long but im going for blood tests to see if i have an infection.

helico expert what do u guys prescribe to heal a badly severestomach from h pyloriafter removal?

i have bad rebound with ppis but im willing to take a chance and control the rebound when it comes after stopping them.

power1
Genuine user

Post by power1 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Healing varies in individual bodies...

I am still slowly threading there since 2013. I kept thinking I am the only one feeling this way, even after 4 UBT, with 3 negatives...thinking I still have it.

I started moving to better diet plans. Obviously we all have some small cravings...but keep to a good diet plan, and exercise as much as you can.
Eat small portions, but often.
eat less salt, sugar
take more leafy greens,but easy to digest ones.
lessen any gluten related products....or flour based food (reduce them).
lessen processed foods....
more fresh food..
take up new hobbies and interest to avoid sitting 24x7 thinking about it....there is more to life, even when you feel "sick" sometimes...you still need to move on and make the best of it.

take some manuka honey
drink some soothing tea....(non aggressive ones, if your stomach can it)

I am still recovering , and I had alot of bad outcomes from my infection...so, I am guessing healing will take longer than 4 years...or...perhaps..never change again for me.

I might have develop something else now since my heavy doses of antibiotics...; ie: SIBO, IBS...but life needs to go on... You are not alone, and you can still make a difference.

I suggest slowly wean off your PPIs though...

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:22 pm

ty so much for ur respnse i dont take ppis but right now i have reflux severe they help while im on them, diet doesnt help even water can cause reflux i really im trying my best to avoid ppis but it may be the only way to treat it right now and heal the gastritis too.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:33 am

Most of our patients recover great after eradicating H. pylori. Of course, some of them do come back because of sudden heart burn from time to time. We ensure that they are free of H. pylori and control the symptom with PPI or H2 blocker.

I agree with power1. a positive thought is very important.

Marie E
Genuine user

Post by Marie E » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:28 pm

I had h-pylori and took all the antibiotics in October but I still suffer with nausea and constipation. The breath test said I was negative for h-pylori. Has anyone had luck with prebiotics?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 am

your microbiome is probably affected by the antibiotic treatment. have you tried probiotics and mint tea? i heard they improve some people's digestive system after heavy antibiotic treatment.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Helico expert I have become lactose fructose and maltose intolerant, any time I eat those especially in significant quantities (more than a teaspoon) I get severe symptoms diarrhea reflux indigestion and If I avoid those (meat and fat) I don't get them but still have to deal with gastritis regardless. I think those intolerances are not letting my gastritis heal. I've read a couple of posts here from people who developed intolerances.

What I noted from my endoscopy taken in 2014 (first time i got infected probabyl from eating raw vegetables or in the hospital), is that my duodenum was severely affected and inflamed along witih my entire stomach my infection was labeled as "severe" I did tolerate all the above in better quantities after that but I got infected again and ever since my intolerances are getting worse, I am not able to eat any maltose at all let alone lactose or fructose.

Is it still possible for me to recover these enzyme defficiencies? Obviousy my inmune system destroyed my intestines since thats where h pylori also decided to colonize or maybe it was just part of the "nuking system" our inmune system does when dealing with h pylori.

Have you seen patients who developed food intolerances (mostly due to lack of enzymes) after h pylori infection and eradication? What do you recommend doing in such cases?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:49 am

very interesting topic. I myself became lactose intolerance after the treatment. I wonder if it is related.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”