Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Levosulpiride and/or other prokinetic medications?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

birdgirl
Genuine user

Levosulpiride and/or other prokinetic medications?

Post by birdgirl » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Has anyone ever been prescribed levosulpiride or other prokinetic medications like domperidone (Motilium) for treatment of gastritis either during or after H Pylori eradication? My Dr said that he may recommend this if the H Pylori is confirmed to be eradicated on my endoscopy biopsy because I'm still having gastritis symptoms. I'd like to understand how this medication might help and if it's helped others. Thanks

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Levosulpiride and/or other prokinetic medications?

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:29 am

yea.. these drugs are sometimes given to patients to improve their digestive systems. Either slow down the motor movement of the stomach to prolong the food being in the stomach or reduce the nausea feeling.

birdgirl
Genuine user

Post by birdgirl » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

I have explained to my Dr that I don't have nausea. My primary symptom is gnawing burning stomach pain. Usually this feels better when my stomach is full. Do you think this medication would help with that?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:00 pm

yea, since it slow down the food being pushed down to intestine, so you'll feel full longer. What do you feel? Do you feel that it helps?

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”