Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Do you think I have HP? Does anyone else have these symptoms?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Cutiedarling
Genuine user

Do you think I have HP? Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Post by Cutiedarling » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:41 pm

Ill try to make this quick! So for the last 3 weeks or so I've been having pains in my upper stomach, belching and whatnot and it truly scared me since not once in my life (22 years old) have I had any acid reflux or anything like that!

I have hypochondria so of course I freaked out. I also experienced having a 99.4 (as the highest) temperature/fever. It comes and goes. I also have chronic diarrhea that won't go away. I went to the ER and they simply tested my gallbladder and liver and took a blood test for liver enzymes etc. They ruled all of that out and the doctor simply told me I have an ulcer. He prescribed me Prilosec. Imagine my surprise when I figure out that "90 percent of ulcers are caused by H Pylori!" He never even brought it up!

Since that day in the ER a few days ago, i've felt even worse. I haven't had a "good" poop in weeks and it's always diarrhea and my body feels so weak and very sick and sore all over! I still have the acid reflux, the constant burping, the ulcer is still there! So my question is....is this HP? My doctor as far as I know never mentioned it nor took tests for it at the ER. Which I find quite surprising considering how likely it is.

Im still scared....My doctor prescribed no antibiotics or anything just Prilosec! My stomach feels HORRIBLE and overall I feel so lethargic and my poop is terrible. I'm scared this isn't even an HP infection but rather stomach cancer! My doctor didn't seem too worried but im still terrified. I'm trying to get the test but it's not that easy and im so scared. At the ER he only took a blood test and never mentioned HP ): Nor did he take a stool sample. Just an ultrasound and told me I have ulcers. I've tested my stool for blood and none so far. Just diarrhea. Please help! Has anyone else had fever (low grade only), body aches, diarrhea along with their HP infection/ulcers? My doctors are tired of me by now but I just want to know! Please help!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Do you think I have HP? Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:19 am

I think you need to go to a GP and get a breath or stool test. It is better to know exactly if you are infected than just guessing.

Depending where you are, in developed countries where H. pylori is almost gone, most of the ulcers were caused by NSAIDs (Pain killers except paracetamol).

If you are already on prilosec, then you'll have to stop it for a month before the breath or stool test. you can substitute prilosec with ranitidine and continue ranitidine until the day before the tests.

shid0x
Genuine user

Post by shid0x » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Helico_expert wrote:I think you need to go to a GP and get a breath or stool test. It is better to know exactly if you are infected than just guessing.

Depending where you are, in developed countries where H. pylori is almost gone, most of the ulcers were caused by NSAIDs (Pain killers except paracetamol).

If you are already on prilosec, then you'll have to stop it for a month before the breath or stool test. you can substitute prilosec with ranitidine and continue ranitidine until the day before the tests.
Is rani really safe ?
Usually lab workers will ask you to stop it for 2 weeks before.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:02 am

Ranitidine has been on market for a long time. It's considerably safe. Here is our guideline how long should you stop each drug before UBT. The guide works for stool test too.

http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”