Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Question about Nexium and probiotics after bismuth quad treatment?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

James88
Genuine user

Question about Nexium and probiotics after bismuth quad treatment?

Post by James88 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 am

So around two weeks ago I finished my 14 day course of 168 tablets (quad treatment) for resistant hyplori, now I have to wait for a follow up breath test after stopping nexium for 1 month.

Now taking so many tablets over 14 days I know it would have killed both good and bad bacteria in my stomach.

I researched into probiotics and found bioceuticals ultrabiotic 500 I had one satchel and now I had some random stomach pain which I did not have prior, I have not had another satchel.

Im also taking 20mg Nexium daily to protect my stomach post the treatment, I want to ween of this as well soon.

Should I take further probiotics?

Or should I try and go natural with yoghurts ect for natural good bacteria?

Really keen on building up my immune system post this treatment in a natural way.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Question about Nexium and probiotics after bismuth quad treatment?

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:32 am

There is no guideline what you should take after heavy antibiotic treatment. However, I agree that some probiotics do improve people's overall well being. I guess anything probiotics that make you feel better will do.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”