Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Suggestions for third line treatment .

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

puttahm

Suggestions for third line treatment .

Post by puttahm »

Hello !!

At first i was diagnosed with Hpylori on 06/11/2017 .
doctor prescribed medicine kit of Clarithromycin-500 mg /amoxcillin -750 mg/esomeprazole -40mg (SOMPRAZ HP KIT) for 10 days .
it helped me in reducing my symptoms and feel better some symptoms were still persisting.

On next follow up doctor didn't prescribe eradication test and i continued to stay calm hoping for cure ,
so on 02/05/2018 i got UBT done and results came out positive (with Dl length difference of 5.3 MM) .
so then my doctor prescribed me the same kit(SOMPRAZ H P) for 10 days ,

And now today 01/08/2018 i took UBT and results came out Positive again (with dL length difference of 6.8mm).
so tomo i have appointment with my Dr , i am concerned if he suggests same treatment regime.
please give suggestions on my condition ?
is it that bacterial resistance on prescribed medicines above is not eradicating the infection completely ?
thank you:)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for third line treatment .

Post by Helico_expert »

your doctor shouldnt give you the same treatment. when the first treatment failed, the HP is obviously resistant to the treatment.

HP will never become resistance to Amoxicillin and bismuth. So you can use these two antibiotics repetitively.

Try to ask your doctor to give you PPI + Amox + Metrodidazole + bismuth (or tetracycline).

puttahm

Post by puttahm »

Many thanks for the response !!

Pls provide ur view on- Is it my bacterial condition has not eradicated completely starting from initial treatment to till date ? Or is it that it's regrowing again after the course of medicine ?

Thank u :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It is likely that your H. pylori wasnt killed in the first round. You may feel better as majority of them were killed. Then those resistant one, in small number, through time, grow up in mass and you start feeling the symptoms.

Then you were given the second treatment, but the same antibiotics as your previous treatment. The H. pylori strains already gain resistance to the antibiotics. Some of them may die, but majority of them will survive. You may feel better from the PPI suppressing the acid. But the root of the problem is still there.

So you will need to make sure H. pylori is completely eradicated in order to start feeling better. It's not easy for adult to catch H. pylori back. because I assume most adult would look after their own personal hygiene. eg. brushing teeth and washing hands.

puttahm

Post by puttahm »

Many many thanks for the reply ☺️
Thanks for providing this beautiful platform for the needy to get help !!

Meanwhile I will update here after consulting my Dr tonight 😊

Thank u 😊

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Good luck to your treatment and do keep us posted.

puttahm

Re: Suggestions for second line treatment .

Post by puttahm »

Hii!

With respect to above conversations , my doctor asked me to visit after one month ( he dint wanted to prescribe antibiotics after UBT +ve, bec I had took those medicines before a month so as it will affect intestines so next time I visit he wanted to do re endoscopy to re confirm infection and start second line treatment ) after one month today he dint do endoscopy !!

My Present symptoms include :
1: Fat Mal Absorption ( unable to gain weight which I lost during infection )
2: stomach acid issues , indigestion .
3: Issues related to mind( brain fog and other symptoms )
So doctor says hpylori doesn't affect fat malabsorption so he prescribed me some blood tests to check for cause behind fat malabsorption ( blood tests-Hba1c, TSH,ESR,CBC,creatine serum , albumin serum )
And if these tests come out negative he has prescribed these medicines (Simly Mct oil, lamino GI,PankreoFlat ) which has to be taken for one month , if no improvements he wants to do CT abdomen , If that comes out normal he will then do endoscopy and start second line treatment for hpylori !! Hell !!
I've become Mad !!
It's been one year treating for my hpylori and it's still going on ..

(I'm very sure all the blood tests will come -ve( last time also it came out -ve), and if he does CT scan also I believe it will be normal)
All my symptoms ,problems started with hpylori and all existing problems also I believe bec of hpylori .My doctor is very casual about hpylori infection , he says having it +ve is not big deal.

I'm really confused ..
Please suggest me something ..
Shall I ask for second line treatmet straightly by Dr, or shall I follow his procedure ..
Does Hpylori causes fat malabsorption ?

Thank u

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I agree with your doctor that HP doenst cause fat mal-absorption. Also, to avoid false negative result, you are required to stop all drugs for a month before breath test or endoscopy.

puttahm

Post by puttahm »

Thanks for the reply!!

My hpylori is not yet cured to negative , it's still positive !
As I said after last UBT result (which came out positive )Dr did not prescribe antibiotics after test for eradication.. So still it's present in my stomach !! Dr says I need not worry about the infection being positive and didn't prescribe medicines for infection saying we will treat it later .
Having it in stomach is the reason for body not able to gain weight ?
And yeah I was free from medicines fr more than month before UBT.

A small update , as I said earlier my blood reports would be normal , now I got my reports and it's absolutely normal .

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

If you are H. pylori positive, then you should get treatment. Seek 2nd opinion if required. Remember not to use antibiotics that you had previously tried. except for Amoxicillin and Bimuth. H. pylori cannot become resistant to Amox and Bismuth.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”