Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Withdrawing From PPI For Stool Test

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

photon
Genuine user

Re: Withdrawing From PPI For Stool Test

Post by photon » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:21 pm

which blood test did you have? I have had negative stool/breath test after treatment 6-8 weeks yet i still have gastritis and can't eat most foods. Thinking of doing a blood test now. I'm now 3 months post treatment.

cricket92
Genuine user

Post by cricket92 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:28 pm

If the question is directed to me, its the H Pylori Ab IgG. However, I never had h pylori in the past so have never been treated. My test was negative but to be sure, I submitted the stool test today after being off the PPI for 14 days.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:48 am

To photon,

yea, some people does take a longer time to recover. If you still have reflux or any acid problem, you may want to consider continue PPI.

Johno87
Genuine user

Post by Johno87 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:54 am

Photon, what are your symptoms now? And have you had an endoscopy?

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Pain burnin etc. Gastritis like symptoms. But they are ok if i eat only meat/overcooked veggies. I notice coconut oil improves digestion though its supposed to kill bacteria so i may have h pylori or another bacteria whos killed by coconut oil.

Im havin stool test again to make sure i wonder if i should drop the coconut oil for better accuracy.

Stool/breath test a month and a half ago was negative.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”