Two stages of treatment - and still hurts!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

lukava
Genuine user

Re: Two stages of treatment - and still hurts!

Post by lukava » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello everybody! I'm here again! It passed more than 8 months after 2nd eradication, but the symptoms return every month. It hurts constantly in the same place (two fingers above the navel and slightly to the right). According to ultrasound all internal organs are normal, only the presence of mucus in the stomach. My therapist assigned me PPI and sucralfate, but their actions last for a short time - a week after the cessation of treatment the stomach and my back start to hurt, the saliva and taste of blood in the mouth, dizziness appears. While I can not pass the test because I constantly drink medication because of the pain that constantly returns. What would you advise to do? Is a negative test possible because of the insufficient number of HP bacteria after eradication, which was in July last year? Thank you.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:55 am

both breath and stool test can be affected by PPI. they both can lower the number of H. pylori and give false negative result. To control your symptom before the test, you can switch your PPI to ranitidine or any other H2 blocker. you can continue H2 blockers until the day before breath/stool test.

lukava
Genuine user

Post by lukava » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Helico_expert, Thanks for the answer
But why after a rather long time after treatment I have all the same symptoms? What if the test is negative?
Usually people lose weight with HP, but I'm just getting fat.

Thanks for your replies.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:26 am

Usually HP would cause inflammation in the stomach and make the stomach very sensitive to certain food. So the infected person would lose the appetite and lose weight.

Usually after eradication of HP, the stomach becomes healthy and the person's appetite gets better and would gain weight.

I think it is best we wait for your test result before making any wild guess.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”