Two stages of treatment - and still hurts!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

lukava
Genuine user

Two stages of treatment - and still hurts!

Post by lukava » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:38 pm

Good day to all!
My name is Julia, I am from Moscow. In October of 2015 I was diagnosed with Helicobacter (diagnosis: gastroduodenitis, reflux esophagitis, erosive gastritis). Since then it has passed two stages of treatment:

1. (February 2016) PPI, clarithromycin, amoxicillin - 14 days. Respiratory test for Helicobacter after treatment - positive
2. (July 2016) PPI, amoxicillin, Levofloxacinum, De-nol - 14 days. 13C test on helicobacter after treatment - negative. The analysis on a dysbacteriosis and blood biochemistry were normal.

However, despite a test for Helicobacter were negative I still have pain in the abdomen, in the back, and feel the iron(blood) taste in the mouth.
Could this mean that the treatment did not work, or is it the restoration of the body, or something else? How long will recover of the body take after treatment?
Maybe you can recommend who I can turn to in Russia? It’s a real problem to find a good gastroenterologist in here.

Thank you for advance.

jhong721
Genuine user

Re: Two stages of treatment - and still hurts!

Post by jhong721 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:35 pm

I think a lot of people on here took awhile to recover.. months to years. Try to eat bland and soft. Get some probiotics.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:45 am

Congratulation on your second treatment. At least it only took you two treatments.

the recovery really depends on the damage severity. If you have ulcers or erosion, it can take sometime to recover. Try ask for more PPI and see if that helps.

shid0x
Genuine user

Post by shid0x » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:03 pm

lukava wrote:Good day to all!
My name is Julia, I am from Moscow. In October of 2015 I was diagnosed with Helicobacter (diagnosis: gastroduodenitis, reflux esophagitis, erosive gastritis). Since then it has passed two stages of treatment:

1. (February 2016) PPI, clarithromycin, amoxicillin - 14 days. Respiratory test for Helicobacter after treatment - positive
2. (July 2016) PPI, amoxicillin, Levofloxacinum, De-nol - 14 days. 13C test on helicobacter after treatment - negative. The analysis on a dysbacteriosis and blood biochemistry were normal.

However, despite a test for Helicobacter were negative I still have pain in the abdomen, in the back, and feel the iron(blood) taste in the mouth.
Could this mean that the treatment did not work, or is it the restoration of the body, or something else? How long will recover of the body take after treatment?
Maybe you can recommend who I can turn to in Russia? It’s a real problem to find a good gastroenterologist in here.

Thank you for advance.
I don't know when you did the follow up breath test but you can always ask for another one ( those are cheap )
If its still negative then be reassured you will get better but its slow, personally the first 2 months after treatment just felt like before, Month 3 was good and bad day, month 4 was getting better but still weird. Had to wait month 6 to feel truly cured.

lukava
Genuine user

Post by lukava » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Thank you all for your replies!
I don't know when you did the follow up breath test but you can always ask for another one ( those are cheap )
Previous test was nine weeks after treatment. This week im going to repeat breath test, and after it i will see to my doctor.
Im feeling better now, but my excessive salivation bothers me.
I will write on the results.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:55 am

interesting on your increase saliva.

would it possible that your stomach is finally healthy and you feel like you can finally enjoy food?

lukava
Genuine user

Post by lukava » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:24 pm

would it possible that your stomach is finally healthy and you feel like you can finally enjoy food?
Hello! My doctor says that excessive salivation occurs with increasing acidity of the stomach. I feel like my mouth is full of saliva all the time, so i try to eat more often. I eat almost all of the food, but keep to a diet.
My abdominal pain is almost gone as well as metal taste.
Tommorow im going to make a breathe test.

Thank you all for your response!

Bellaella
Genuine user

Post by Bellaella » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:12 am

lukava wrote:

Hello! My doctor says that excessive salivation occurs with increasing acidity of the stomach. I feel like my mouth is full of saliva all the time, so i try to eat more often. I eat almost all of the food, but keep to a diet.
My abdominal pain is almost gone as well as metal taste.
Tommorow im going to make a breathe test.

Thank you all for your response!
Keep us updated Julia

lukava
Genuine user

Post by lukava » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello again!
My breathe test is negative) But i still have a doubts about those results and reasons to that is:
me and my daughter (13 years old) had the same positive tests before treatment, but i had two stages of treatment after that, while she had only one ( PPI, Amoxicillin, De-Nol). She had almost same drugs as i had at first stage of treatment. And now both our tests (october of 2016) are negative, meanwhile breathe test that my daughter did in june of 2016 after treatment was positive.
Our tests are attached.
I read that negative value only from -0.5 to +1.5 , but this laboratory use negative norme till +2.5%.
The appointment of a gastroenterologist is PPI, Macmiror, Josamycinum, De-Nol - strong antibiotics and i have doubts.
Should we take this treatment?
Attachments
julia.jpg
dauther.jpg

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:01 am

each laboratory has their own standard in the cut off.

if both of you got negative breath tests, there is nothing else needed to do.

If in doubt, you can always wait for another month, then repeat the breath test.

we dont normally treat children, because the antibiotics are strong and the child may not be able to tolerate the side effects. If treatment stopped mid way, then that would induce resistant strain.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”