Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Two stages of treatment - and still hurts!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

lukava
Genuine user

Re: Two stages of treatment - and still hurts!

Post by lukava » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello everybody! I'm here again! It passed more than 8 months after 2nd eradication, but the symptoms return every month. It hurts constantly in the same place (two fingers above the navel and slightly to the right). According to ultrasound all internal organs are normal, only the presence of mucus in the stomach. My therapist assigned me PPI and sucralfate, but their actions last for a short time - a week after the cessation of treatment the stomach and my back start to hurt, the saliva and taste of blood in the mouth, dizziness appears. While I can not pass the test because I constantly drink medication because of the pain that constantly returns. What would you advise to do? Is a negative test possible because of the insufficient number of HP bacteria after eradication, which was in July last year? Thank you.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:55 am

both breath and stool test can be affected by PPI. they both can lower the number of H. pylori and give false negative result. To control your symptom before the test, you can switch your PPI to ranitidine or any other H2 blocker. you can continue H2 blockers until the day before breath/stool test.

lukava
Genuine user

Post by lukava » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Helico_expert, Thanks for the answer
But why after a rather long time after treatment I have all the same symptoms? What if the test is negative?
Usually people lose weight with HP, but I'm just getting fat.

Thanks for your replies.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:26 am

Usually HP would cause inflammation in the stomach and make the stomach very sensitive to certain food. So the infected person would lose the appetite and lose weight.

Usually after eradication of HP, the stomach becomes healthy and the person's appetite gets better and would gain weight.

I think it is best we wait for your test result before making any wild guess.

lukava
Genuine user

Post by lukava » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Hello

I have new update about my condition. Few days ago I had a gastroscopy and here are results of it.

(There are many specific termins I try to translate with Google, so there might be few mistakes)

"The device is freely held in the esophagus. The lumen is not changed. Throughout the esophagus, the parietal and translucent foamy mucus in large quantities. The mucosa of the esophagus in the lower third is moderately hyperemic, edematous, contact bleeding. Proximal to the sockets of the cardia are small blue veinectasia, completely falling off when air insufflation Cardia is not completely closed. There is no hernia of the esophagus. In the stomach on an empty stomach, the parietal and translucent foamy mucus with an admixture of bile in a small amount. The mucous arch is contact bleeding, covered with small punctate pseudophasic hemorrhages, the body and antral part of the stomach moderately diffusely hyperemic. edematous. covered with small-dot submucosal hemorrhages and single small complete epithelial erosions. The folds are elastic, completely decompress with insufflation with air. Peristalsis is traced. The gatekeeper is ajar, deformed by a longitudinal crease. pass, the bulb of the duodenum of round shape. The lumen is not changed, the mucous membrane is hyperemic, edematous, covered with small submucosal hemorrhages. Mucous retrobulbar departments are not changed, covered with small-dot lymphangiectasies, longitudinal fold and Large duodenal papilla is not visualized. Per is -p-p AKK 100 hemostasis. *

Conclusion: Catarrhal reflux esophagitis. Lack of cardia. Superficial reflux gastritis (condition after eradication of HP). Bulbit. Lymphangiztasia of the duodenum. Duodenogastric reflux.

My doctor said nothing to worry about- this is not a viral damage but disfunction because of nerves. But I still have awful pain in my stomach.
Last eradication was year and half ago. My breath test and stool in last September was negative. I can't repeat these tests now because I can't stop to take pills while I have this pain in my stomach. But I don't take any painkillers and I follow strong diet.
For now my medication is: PPI 40mg, Duspatalin 200mg, De-Nol.

I don't know what to do. Medicaments bring only temporary healing effect.
Could nerves be responsible for these damages after eradication that was in 2016?
Thank you

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 am

I can only say that if all the tests come back normal, then the problem is beyond current medical advancement. I believe that your stool and breath test are accurate. It's not easy for H. pylori to reinfect you. It's important for you to continue your PPI to protect your throat. So, i think for your case, wait is probably the only way now.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”