Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Please reply to this ASAP!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

SilverHawk
Genuine user

Re: Please reply to this ASAP!

Post by SilverHawk » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:38 pm

H pylori test came back... NEGATIVE! :D

I'm so relieved!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:20 am

congratulation! now you just need to relax and focus on the recovery.

SilverHawk
Genuine user

Post by SilverHawk » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:44 am

Helico_expert wrote:congratulation! now you just need to relax and focus on the recovery.
Thanks! And thanks for reassuring me earlier~

Doctor wants me to take Prilosec twice a day for the next 10 days. She says it's safe to do so after I asked her about the box directions (since it's the 24hr delayed release tablets)

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:24 am

how reliable is the stool test? mine was pos before treatment and negative 6 weeks later but i feel the same.

Sullebrah
Genuine user

Post by Sullebrah » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 am

I really wounder the same, did a stool test 1 and half month after the treatment (was not on any ppl) becouse i still feelt bad the stool test came back negative had an endoscopy done 2 month after and the test from the endoscpy showed that i still had HP. how could it be hat the stool test showed wrong?

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:46 pm

so u have h pylori? or are u talkin about ur 1st treatment? i think im goin for another one to make sure.

Sullebrah
Genuine user

Post by Sullebrah » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:32 pm

photon wrote:so u have h pylori? or are u talkin about ur 1st treatment? i think im goin for another one to make sure.
My first treament faild so i went on a 2 treatment after the endoscopy showed i still had HP,now am HP free. But i dont think u should go on a 2 treatment of antibiotics before your are sure u still have hp. Ask for an endoscopy or for a breath test to be sure.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Stool test, IF done correctly, is as accurate as breath test. However, depending on the person running the test, the accuracy may differ across laboratories.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:34 am

Sullebrah wrote:
photon wrote:so u have h pylori? or are u talkin about ur 1st treatment? i think im goin for another one to make sure.
My first treament faild so i went on a 2 treatment after the endoscopy showed i still had HP,now am HP free. But i dont think u should go on a 2 treatment of antibiotics before your are sure u still have hp. Ask for an endoscopy or for a breath test to be sure.
do u feel improvment this time? are u taking a ppi?

SilverHawk
Genuine user

Post by SilverHawk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:07 am

For Helico_expert or anyone else available:

since friday night I've been having cramps in my lower abdomen (and I'm not even close to my period so that rules that out) and tonight I've had diarrhea twice...

I started having cramps in my lower abdomen (like where the large intestine/small intestine is) and the cramps got more frequent on saturday and I've had two bouts of diarrhea out of the blue...

I'm really worried that the prilosec has allowed something like c diff to mess up my system... I heard that can happen if someone takes a PPI or if they've been on antibiotics...

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”