Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

I scared I don't know what's going on with my stomach

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Mizztaurus86
Genuine user

I scared I don't know what's going on with my stomach

Post by Mizztaurus86 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:05 pm

I am 30 years old female who was diagnosed early this year with h pylori which I took some antibiotics for and notice immediate side effects. The antibiotics were lansoprazole, amoxicillin, clarithromycin. The first day on these anotibiotics I had the worst stomach ache and from there my stool color change to green and still today the color has never went back to the original brown color. After the medication, doctor told me h pylori was gone, but I was still feeling sick to my stomach even then. To make me feel at ease I asked for a colonoscopy and endoscopy which was done at the same time. The doctor told me that they did remove one polyps that they found but other than that every thing was fine and no signs of h pylori or anything else but a minor stomach infection that was probably due to the loads of antibiotics I was on. I was then prescribed another antibiotic but this time for the stomach infection. I started to feel good for a few months, but now I feel like I'm back where a started. All of a sudden I'm have been constipated and when I try to have a bowel movement its either very loose or tiny loose pieces. I have done so many bloods work and everything always seem to come back normal. I have even done ultrasound on the ovaries, just to rule out other causes. I feel like I don't know what to to anymore because I have done so much and feel like I don't know what's next. I'm sometimes afraid that I might have a unknown disease that doctors just can't find. Please anyone let me know if you experience anything like this. It's like the moment I took anotibiotics my stool color is permanently green since February of this year and my digestive system just hasn't been the same.

shid0x
Genuine user

Re: I scared I don't know what's going on with my stomach

Post by shid0x » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:10 am

Is the pain more in your intestines or in your stomach ?

Pain post helicobacter is really common, it is even a good sign ( in a study about post helicobacter duodenitis scientist discovered that people who had pain systematically were h-py free ).

You may be experiencing some intestine pain or discomfort since you took two rounds of antibiotics along with your stomach ache ( since you've done a lot of tests before its safe so assume that its nothing big ).
You probably have some IBS due to antibiotics and your stomach hasn't really set up his new environment.

Best course of action would be :
-Bland diet ( and by bland i mean very bland )
-No alcohol, no smoking ( neither tobacco nor cannabis )
-Try and find a good probiotic souche ( with a good variety ) and take it 2x a day
-Use H2 blockers if you feel that acidity is too much ( don't go back to ppi because you will always experience acid rebound with it )
-Don't be afraid to mix a little of olive oil in your dishes as its been proven to be extremely benefical to your intestine and stomach health
-If you feel like trying, take cod oil capsule 2x time per day ( very recent studies have shown that vitamin D is linked to IBS )

Again, this is normal but it takes time.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:14 pm

so the polyps is in your stomach or intestine? if the histology report didnt say much, i assume you are most probably fine.

I think the antibiotics have upset your stomach microbiota. You'll need to slowly adjust your diet to balance your microbiota again.

Mizztaurus86
Genuine user

Post by Mizztaurus86 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Hello guys you ask where the polyps was found. Doctor said he only found one in my colon, which was removed.

Mizztaurus86
Genuine user

Post by Mizztaurus86 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:12 pm

shid0x wrote:Is the pain more in your intestines or in your stomach ?

Pain post helicobacter is really common, it is even a good sign ( in a study about post helicobacter duodenitis scientist discovered that people who had pain systematically were h-py free ).

You may be experiencing some intestine pain or discomfort since you took two rounds of antibiotics along with your stomach ache ( since you've done a lot of tests before its safe so assume that its nothing big ).
You probably have some IBS due to antibiotics and your stomach hasn't really set up his new environment.

Best course of action would be :
-Bland diet ( and by bland i mean very bland )
-No alcohol, no smoking ( neither tobacco nor cannabis )
-Try and find a good probiotic souche ( with a good variety ) and take it 2x a day
-Use H2 blockers if you feel that acidity is too much ( don't go back to ppi because you will always experience acid rebound with it )
-Don't be afraid to mix a little of olive oil in your dishes as its been proven to be extremely benefical to your intestine and stomach health
-If you feel like trying, take cod oil capsule 2x time per day ( very recent studies have shown that vitamin D is linked to IBS )

Again, this is normal but it takes time.

The pain is mostly in my stomach above the naval.

Mizztaurus86
Genuine user

Post by Mizztaurus86 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Doctor mentioned that I had an infection in my stomach during endoscopy, I'm wondering exactly what type of infection was this and if it was still h pylori which I was treated for could he have seen it. He did prescribe some antibiotics for the stomach infection though. I would I remembered to ask exactly what was the infection.

shid0x
Genuine user

Post by shid0x » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Mizztaurus86 wrote:Doctor mentioned that I had an infection in my stomach during endoscopy, I'm wondering exactly what type of infection was this and if it was still h pylori which I was treated for could he have seen it. He did prescribe some antibiotics for the stomach infection though. I would I remembered to ask exactly what was the infection.
Oh well then you can forget the bit about IBS.
Still it feels somehow normal ( i know pain should't ever be "normal" but sometimes it is ).

I'm not aware of many bacteria that can survive in the stomach, was it perhaps Clostridium difficile ? ( its quite common to get after helico ).
Your stomach has a hard time recovering up from all that, i don't think you should worry too much.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:54 am

just to clarify...

clostridium only lives in the colon. H. pylori is probably the only bacteria that can live in the stomach.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”