Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

What would be the problem of my mother?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

flor198
Genuine user

What would be the problem of my mother?

Post by flor198 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:24 pm

Recently looking for information I have just heard the Dr Barry Marshall discovered, a while ago, to the bacteruim helicobacter pylori. My mother suffers from gastritis since adolescence. She has never received any treatment for that, only psychological treatment but it is not very helpful. She has symptoms like inflammation of the stomach, many food make her sick. Besides she is a person disturbed and sometimes it is difficult for her to calm down. Not long ago we found out a possible cause could be that bacteruim, I would like someone do something for her. Please receive my cordial greetings.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: What would be the problem of my mother?

Post by Helico_expert » Fri May 13, 2016 1:40 am

Hi,

it is now very easy to check if one is infected with H. pylori. If you go to see a GP, they will be able to give your mom and yourself a breath or stool test kit. You'll get result back within a week and if any of you is indeed positive of H. pylori, then an antibiotic treatment can be given.

The treatment will take up to 10-14 days. you may experience some kind of side effect. but it is important to finish all the antibiotics on time to avoid antibiotic resistance.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”