Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Worse symptoms after antibiotic treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Ryanm1992
Genuine user

Worse symptoms after antibiotic treatment

Post by Ryanm1992 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Hi all, my story so far. I was diagnosed with helicobacter in October having an endoscopy and was given two antibiotics and lanzoprazole for two weeks but ever since I have taken the course of antibiotics I've had stomach aches, feel sick all the time, put off eating food and need the toilet at least twice a day and it almost feels like diarrhoea. I take probiotic tablets every day and also a probiotic drink but nothing seems to help. I had a stool sample one month ago to confirm I was negative for helicobacter but it's now been four months and I'm wondering how long these symptoms go on for? And is there anything to help reduce these symptoms?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Worse symptoms after antibiotic treatment

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:15 am

I think your normal flora in your guts got all messed up. you may need to go back to your doctor to check for C. difficile.

Ryanm1992
Genuine user

Post by Ryanm1992 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks for your reply, is that a stool sample you have to give? Because I did a stool sample for the helicobacter and another test but I can't remember what for but it came back ok

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:59 am

i meant you need a test after you completed your treatment. i am not too sure how severe is your stomach pain, if you think it's pain enough to change your lifestyle, then you should see your doctor again.

hbombzikins
Genuine user

Post by hbombzikins » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:38 pm

It gets better. I completed treatment in September, and I am JUST starting to feel like a normal person again. I still have bad days, but I'm much better than I was.

uzham
Genuine user

Post by uzham » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:19 am

hbombzikins wrote:It gets better. I completed treatment in September, and I am JUST starting to feel like a normal person again. I still have bad days, but I'm much better than I was.
Did you do or eat anything specific that may have hasened the recovery? Or is time the key to healing?

michaeljonson
Genuine user

Post by michaeljonson » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:06 am

Ryanm1992, how are you feeling now?

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”