Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Betaine HLC & parietal cells

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

PhI
Genuine user

Betaine HLC & parietal cells

Post by PhI » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello,

I have chronic gastritis which is a result of HP. I have low gastric acid and bloating as a result of it. So I am taking Betaine HLC. It helps a lot with my digestion, constipation and bloating.

My doctor told me that I have had HP for years..... I'm 38 years old. I'm suffering already for years from bad digestion, fatigue en brain fog. I have been seeing a lot of different doctors, specialized in different areas, searching for an explanation of my fatigue. None of them could find anything. I have had even a MRI scan of my head and upper body. My doctors found only Hypotension (low blood pressure). I thought maybe this is the reason of my fatigue. I have been told to do more sport and even take a form of cognitive behavioral therapy for it (could you believe that?). All blood test were good. According my doctors I was a healthy person. They did not believe me...

1,5 months ago I have been diagnosed with HP (gastroscopy) (I was happy!!! THey found it :D ) en got antibiotics Panclamox (triple amoxicilline, claritromycine en pantoprazol). During my gastroscopy my doctor told me that my stomach looks nice, no gastritis but he toke some biopsy. Result: chronic gastritis and HP.

Last week I have been tested on HP (blood and stool test). In 2 days time I will get results.

1.I have read that Betaine HLC is nog good for healing of chronic gastritis. What is your opinion on this :?:

2. What medicine can help to restore parietal cells :?: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... on.svg.png

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Betaine HLC & parietal cells

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:39 pm

you are still young and healthy. Your stomach will recover itself. Do keep us posted with both your blood and stool test.

PhI
Genuine user

Post by PhI » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:42 am

Helico_expert. Thanks for your replay.

I have been seeing my doctor yesterday. He told me results of my tests. HP has been eradicated. So I'm clean but I have had my HP since my childhood, akkording him.

Betaine is not good for healing of gastritus (irritation) but good for low acid and digestion. He told me there is NO medicine for recovering/healing of mucosa, it has to heal by itself as far as it can (or will) heal. I have chrionic atrofisch gastritis which will not recover. Maybe it will be a bit better but it will not recover. Is it true?

I have also intestinal metaplasia:(

Will this intestinal metaplasia NEVER recover?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:23 am

Your doctor is right. you'll need to give time for your stomach to heal. Intestinal metaplasia will slowly heal and return back to normal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1773527/
In the long term, with follow up of at least five years, there is epidemiological evidence that IM may be reversible although a combination of antioxidant agents and eradication of H pylori may be necessary to achieve this.

Smsverpol
Genuine user

Post by Smsverpol » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Nice posts. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”