Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Chronic Gastritis Cure advise after treatment. Food Intoler.

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

vampirita

Chronic Gastritis Cure advise after treatment. Food Intoler.

Post by vampirita »

I want to congratulate you for all the information in this forum. It is very useful to us.

I would like to tell my story to see if I can expand my vision of what this disease means (gastritis) and how can i handle it.

Since late 2013 (28 years old) I started having joint pain and discomfort in the intestines (diarrhea or constipation). I also felt disoriented and sometimes very tired with no appetite.

In the spring of 2014 I began to have changes in skin tone (white spots or discoloration), extreme dryness, stomach mild pain and intestinal inflammation with a lot of gases, especially when taking milk and dairy products, cereals and bread. I decided to go to the emergency room and I was diagnosed with gastritis after a bood test. I was given a diet and told it would probably disappear in a few days with diet. Weeks after, i was getting worse. I was weak, with severe headaches (migraines), bowel and joints pain. My eyes started to get very red after meals and I began to forget things and feel very disoriented. My symptoms were really bad, couldn't tolerate most starchy foods. Especially gluten. Fruits and sugar made me feel also bad. I could only eat leafy green vegetables, soups and cooked meat. Corn and rice that I never had problem with, began to irritate me. After each meal, it was as if i had a general electric shock in my body. I began to have itching skin, my eyes turned puffy and red like a tomato, I came out with rashes on the face and some parts in the body (dermatitis type), and had constipation episodes followed by diarrhea with very fetid tools. The wine and beer were like poison to me (even if i only drank a glass). Anyway I have never been an occasional drinker or smoker. In fact, i use to be very healthy, avoiding junk food and vices. Stronger reactions usually began the next day of having eating any cereals/sweets/starch. I started with severe muscle and joint pain, followed by brain fog. I felt that I could only lie in bed and I started to lose the appetite and also 5 kilos of weight. So, i began to worry and decide to take control of my health.

My doctor suspected that i was probably gluten intolerant and we decided to arrange all the necessary tests. (Complete blood count, urine and stool culture, dysbiosis test (genetic), endoscopy and colonoscopy.

The diagnosis were:
1.Gastroscopy: incompetent cardia. Moderate chronic antral gastritis superficial, with mild intraepithelial activity data. Fews bacillary structures corresponding to H. Pylori.
2. Moderate Dysbiosis (21-40) HPLC
3. Stools: Trofozoitos Blastocystis hominis 1-2 / c. Rests of food in the stool. Occult blood
4. March: 0 (for coeliac desease)

So, my doctor gave me the Conventional First-Line Triple Therapy for pylori during 10 days with:

Omeprazole 20 mg bid
Clarithromycin 500 mg bid
Metronidazole 500 mg bid

After a month of treatment I had to perform the breath test to confirm eradication, but to my surprise, i was pregnant, so I have not done yet. Is it advisable, safe in my case? I would like to take the test, so i wonder if there is any antibiotic therapy (in case the test still positive) for pregnant women?

The treatment has taken away a little gas and bloating. But I'm still with intolerance to many foods and have more heartburn than before. Nor I can eat a lot because I have some reflux and nausea and still lossing weights. I follow gluten-free diet and I feel a little more relieved since that. But the symptoms worsen with cereals, starch, sweets and some fruits. Headaches are sometimes unbearable, besides the malaise, but i try not to take NSAIDs however. It is normal to still have intolerances and so much disfonfort after eating? how long doest it takes to heal the lining of the stomach after treatment?

Was it neccesary to continue taking omeprazole after the first treatment, and whether, if so, is there any alternative for pregnant women?
Is there any protocol to follow after eradication to heal gastritis?
Can my husband to be infected because of me and, if so, re-infected me after erradication?
I'm a little worried because I have still swollen intestines and feel so much heartburn and headaches after meals.

Thank you in advance for your useful help.
Carina
Last edited by vampirita on Thu May 19, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeauttman

Re: Chronic Gastritis Cure advise after treatment. Pregnancy

Post by mikeauttman »

There can be multiple causes of stomach pain after eating. Some people are so used to binging through every meal that a stomachache almost becomes part of their daily lives. “It’s just a tummy ache,” you might say.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori is a very chronic infection. It will take months for ulcer to form. Although the antibiotics are generally very safe, it is difficult to tell if it might give your unborn any side effects. So, since the H. pylori is not terribly dangerous and most people actually carry H. pylori without a symptom. So, I think it is up to you to get a breath test to find out if you are still infected. And if you are still infected, just ignore it and control your symptom via PPI.

in regards to reinfection, although it is rare, It is likely that your husband may infect you with H. pylori. So, your husband may want to get a check up and can plan for eradication together after your child is born.

if i have not answered your question, please do ask again.

vampirita

Post by vampirita »

Hello Guys! Thank you so much for the answers. I will be arranging some more tests in order to know if the bacteria is still there.
Somehow, iam experiencing a lot of acid reflux now after treatment, and after almost every meal. Of course it coud also occur due to pregnancy.

I will keep you inform with the news and doctor's recomendations, just in case there is someone else in my situation.

Have a good weekend!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Congratulation! do keep us posted with your doctor's recommendation.

jesica1

Post by jesica1 »

Most of folks all over the globe are suffering from the problems of gastritis. It is a trouble because of the thinning of belly lining as a result of dyspepsia. Some people says over-eating is offender while others feel exorbitant use of drugs. However, this is not something which cannot be cured. retouching diet, exercising control over cholesterol-based food, and drinking water and juice of fruits are a few good solutions. By keeping regular check on weight, the metabolic and digestion system remain intact, thus, inhibit ulcers.

Last edited by jesica1 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lily Isabelle

Post by Lily Isabelle »

Hello All,
I am new on this topic and have poor knowledge for giving my opinion. I get some ideas on constipations and other diseases after reading your post. I will share this information with my friend as his wife was suffering from same problem. By suggestion of a chemist his wife used a Medicine as "Lean N Clean" and now his wife feeling better after using this medicine.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am not expert of IBS, but i would like to know more about Lean N Clean. kindly share your or your friend's story and experience please.

Lily Isabelle

Post by Lily Isabelle »

Thanks “Helico_expert “for your interest on Lean N Clean®. Sorry for late reply as I was on my family vacations.

By the way as you want to know my friend’s wife health experience after using Lean N Clean®, its good news that now her health is fine. Lean N Clean® did good work on her health to cure 100% from IBS.

About the Lean N Clean® its better if you call directly by phone Monday-Friday, 9AM to 5PM CST at (512) 909-7608.
Or you may inquiry much more about it from their official website : http://www.leannclean.com

Johnneys13

Post by Johnneys13 »

Cleaning out the colon is sometimes necessary as the process will help you to get rid of the toxins that have been accumulated overtime from the food we eat. For clean and healthy colon, colonics is an highly effective treatment(http://www.coloncleansetoronto.ca/servi ... rotherapy/ ). But I don't know whether it's safe during pregnancy.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”