H Pylori- How long does it take to recover completely ?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Carlospit007
Genuine user

Re: H Pylori- How long does it take to recover completely ?

Post by Carlospit007 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:54 am

Thanks for your input. Thats what I thought. Although how important do you think a good or bad diet plays a role on the recovery time? Like I said I even eaten junk food and not even having mayor symptoms,I have also had a few alcoholic beverages without any issues.

Im taking probiotics every morning and zantac when needed... since the doc told me to get off the PPI.

Thank you!!!!

Carlospit007
Genuine user

Post by Carlospit007 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 pm

I also wanted to ask you, is it normal to still have some acid reflux after HP eradication? in my case, this and the bloating is what's bothering the most. I also wanted to point out, that I have never suffered from acid reflux or any stomach problems in my life. I'm 31 years old. thank you!!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:39 pm

yea, i just replied similar question in another post.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=206207

keishkaylah
Genuine user

finished my triple therapy a few days ago and now ear infection

Post by keishkaylah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi ... I finished my triple therapy a few days ago. My tummy feels much better. I quickly went to the Doctor's office to have my ringing ear checked and it happens I have an ear infection. Can this 2 be related? I am losing my mind.
Has anyone else gone through this?

Please help.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:53 am

it's likely that the antibiotics knockout all your good bacteria and made your ear drum vulnerable for infection.

keishkaylah
Genuine user

Post by keishkaylah » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Thanks @helico_expert... do you think with the probiotics I am on...The infection could clear after a while?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:40 am

probiotics knock out ear infection? i dont think so.

however, usually ear infection in adults is associated with chest or nasal infection. if your doctor can confirmed that it is a bacteria infection, then he can prescribe you some antibiotics to clear your ear infection.

asia112379
Genuine user

Post by asia112379 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:20 pm

hello,

I was diagnosed with H pylori after collapsing in March and underwent a biopsy in April. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and was diagnosed with h pylori. I successfully completed the treatment and took a breath test. The breath test showed that the h pylori was completely eradicated. However, I also developed chronic gastritis. I have gained a lot of weight since and no matter what I do I continue to gain. I still have pain in my stomach, predominantly in my ribs. My doctors have ran more tests and cannot figure out why I am still having the symptoms. I am very frustrated with the daily pain, bloating and weight gain. Is this normal and if so, how long is it supposed to last until I feel normal again?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:23 am

Congratulation that you had Hp eradicated.
we do have patients with improved appetite after Hp eradication. So i think gaining weight is not abnormal.

However, perhaps your microbiome switched after the antibiotics treatment, which ultimately lead to putting on weight.
What's your BMI now? if it's within normal range, i wouldnt bother.

asia112379
Genuine user

Post by asia112379 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:40 pm

From my last doctor's visit, I had gained approximately 30 pounds which puts me at an overweight range. I am very uncomfortable with the weight gain and have difficulty sleeping because I cannot get comfortable.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”