Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Weightloss, heartburn after H. Pylori treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Danish33

Weightloss, heartburn after H. Pylori treatment

Post by Danish33 »

I was tested positive with H. Pylori after a breath test about three weeks ago. I went through the treatment with two antibiotics and one PPI. After the treatment I felt a bit better with more energy, lees back pain, etc. But the gnawing feeling in the stomach still appears, and the heartburn is also still present a couple of times during the day. The ting I am mostly concerned about is my weightloss. I changed my diet, so a little bit of the weightloss must be related to that, and the fact that I am affraid of certain food items because of the irritation in my stomach.
But my question is, can you really loose 8 pounds during the last three weeks only because of the H. Pylori?

I am really scared of cancer, and in Denmark they don't give you the endoscopy examination unless you have had H. Pylori a couple of times without any improvement. And the fact that I am only 34 years old doesn't help either, since the doctor thinks I am healthy and my bloodworks looked fine, except the Bilirubin, which was slightly elevated. My doctor didn't seem concerned since all my other liver blood tests looked very good.

I also have problems with anxiety, so that doesn't help my situation.

Hope someone will help med with some answers.

anjum

Re: Weightloss, heartburn after H. Pylori treatment

Post by anjum »

Hi, i know how you feel i am 34 and i was same situation two month before i was thinking the same may i got cancer becuse too much weight loss and can eat much full, evern after the treatment more boloted and iwas in pain of stomach and same anxiety was so bad thats why i was cry alot, because i couwwork and couldn't eat anything, so you not only the one who suffer like that, but now after over month things start getting better, still alot gass and feeling full after small portion food, but alot better then i was, so dont worry about anything, you will start feeling better in few weeks time, mean while try peppermint and green tea, alovera juice and DGL tablet (harble), if in your family history of cancer then worry about it otherwise, just take this thing out from your mind, hopefully things will.start getting better, good luck

Danish33

Post by Danish33 »

Thanks a lot for your answer. I can relate to all the things you are writing. We don't have any history of cancer in our family, but I must admit that it still concerns me a lot because of all the things that are still talking place with my stomach. I really hope it is all a matter of time, and that the bug is gone.

Does it really take that long for your stomach to recover from the H. Pylori even though the bug is gone?

anjum

Post by anjum »

Yes it will take time even after bug gone , sometime they gone but leave behind bit damge wich cause same problem when bug was in , some time it tooks years to be stomach reset some people alright after one week , but wasnt that much lucky , i am alost lost wieght 10 kg in 3 weeks , i was worry alot , cry alot with pain , thing still not 100% yet, stilk gass and noisy stomch and some time boloted but i am admit that i feel alot better then i was, so my friend just think positive , you will get there ,make sure do breath test after 2 to 3 weeks time again to make sure bug is gone and stop stop ppi be2 weeks of the breath test , tc

txon

Post by txon »

Danish 33; I'm in almost the same exact situation as you are. I had some blood work done a month ago, got my amylase checked out (which was fine), no anemia, etc. A week and a half ago I was diagnosed with H. Pylori via blood test. So I was put in the treatment with two antibiotics and one PPI you mentioned for two weeks (I'm still doing the treatment; fortunately I don't seem to have any serious side effects).

I have also lost weight since the beginning of this whole thing. I'm 171cm tall and I lost 2 kgs in the past month (from 69.5 to 67.5).

Just so you know, my original symptoms were very mild nausea (never accompanied by vomits or diarrhea), mild stomach pain, and mild acid reflux. I have not lost my appetite.

But yeah, my GI doctor doesn't seem to be concerned either that this could be cancer, even though my grandmother died at age 70 of stomach cancer. I wonder if I should ask him for an endoscopy since I only got diagnosed with the blood test.

Anyway, how are you feeling these days? I hope you're better.

Danish33

Post by Danish33 »

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am feeling a bit better, and have more better days than bad. I had an ultrasound of my stomach, which didn't show anything and my blood was retested and came back very fine.

I still suffer from heartburn, a bit stomach pain and nausea on and off. My doctor told me she will retest my H. Pylori in a couple of weeks. She believes that some of my symptoms are stress related, since I have been very stressed out lately.

All in all I think it is a rough battle to go through this because of how it effects your daily and social life.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Just to let you all know that all your posts have been read and I think this discussion has been very positive. Please keep us posted with your treatment and symptoms.

Thanks

txon

Post by txon »

Glad you're feeling generally better. Same here. I'm finishing my antibiotics tomorrow and these past three days I barely had any problems. However, I'm super picky with what I eat, because eating anything that may be acidic will make me feel worse.

I'll be in touch if anything changes.

txon

Post by txon »

Okay, so I finished my antibiotics on Tuesday night. Today is Thursday and I still have the burning sensation in my lower stomach and some nausea (especially when my stomach is empty)—the burning is slightly more intense than when I was taking the antibiotics, probably because I'm not taking the PPI anymore either. If I eat though, things get better. I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted. But so far, I would like to ask if this is normal. Should I expect to have symptoms even after the triple therapy? That, assuming that the antibiotics killed the bacteria. How long do the symptoms usually take to go?

Thanks everyone!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

congratulation that you finished your treatment. I hope you didnt experience too many adverse side effects. The recovery is very subjective. it's depending on how much damage had been done by H. pylori. Some lucky ones immediately recover after the treatment and if you read through this forum, some not so lucky ones can take up to months or years. But I believe those are rare cases. Most people will recover quickly.

Nevertheless, i would like to remind you to make an appointment with your doctor for a follow up breath test a month later to make sure your H. pylori has been successfully eradicated. Then you can focus on the healing and recovery.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”