Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Helicobacter Damage

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

LuizaV

Helicobacter Damage

Post by LuizaV »

Dear Helico Experts,

I've been infected with HP probably my whole life because all my life I had stomach issues but no doctor here in germany made a helicobacter breath test or even considered that I maybe had this bug.
After my pregnancy I had lots of air in my stomach and I was sick very often. Then I started waking up at night with tachycardia and panic-attacks. Night sweating, I felt sick, a really bad rash on my back. After a while my stomach felt like I had a stone within and I had difficulties in breathing.
Finally I had nausea for about 2 weeks and my father told me, that I maybe had HP, because he had it 20 years ago. I bought a blood test and it was positive. I went to a gastro and made an endoscopy and they also made seveal breath test and found out that I also have a fructose malabsorption (the cause that I was permanently ill with cold etc.).
I went through 2 regimen of antibiotics (last year June), because the first didn't work out. After the second regimen the symptoms like the night tachycardia, anxiety, sweating, weakness dissapeared. (I found a study from the warsaw university, that there is a link between HP and higher levels of anxiety, might be interresting for you). The eradication was confirmed by breath and stool test.

My first question is: is there maybe a link between Fructose Malabsorption?

My Helicobacter caused my stomach acid to be low. When I was young I always had problems when I ate meat. After turning into a vegetarian for about 8 years my stomach problems went away for a long time.

After the treatment I was nauseous for about 1 month but it went away. My stomach acid is better, because I have a feeling of hunger again, but I still have some issues like bloating and sometimes a feeling like my stomach is full for a long time after eating. Is it possible that the helicobacter has done permanent damage (the endoscopy was ok) or does it take a long time for the stomach lining to heal (Dr. Marshall said one year?)? What kind of permanent damage is possible? Is it better to avoid foods like dark chocolate and coffee until my stomach is fine again? Or is the bloating caused by the 17 days of antibiotics I took? I avoid high Fructose Foods and Sorbit etc. So this is not the cause.

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my english.

ivan_m

Re: Helicobacter Damage

Post by ivan_m »

Hi, I have similar issues like you. Probably had h. pylori since childhood. Eradicated the bug last year, October. Confirmed after stool test. Although many of the symptoms are now gone - low stomach acid, constant burning in my upper abdomen, bad breath and probably my unusual high pulse-rate which is related to anxiety which I often had. I now have an occasional dull stomach ache. I don't know for sure if that's bloating or gastritis. It's nothing compared to my previous condition and symptoms but this is really frustrating. It's been almost 4 months. I really hope this resolve for both of us. I read a few forum threads with members that had symptoms after successful eradication but eventually feel completely healed after some time ranging from months to a whole year. That gives me some hope and peace of mind that the complete healing is ahead of me.

LuizaV

Post by LuizaV »

I have found the study about anxiety and Helicobacter, very interesting stuff:
http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Joa ... 000000.pdf

ivan_m

Post by ivan_m »

Thanks for the link! I'll take a look.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I dont think H. pylori will cause fructose malabsorption. Or else many people in the world will be suffering.

in addition, there is no guideline to what food you can or cannot eat before or after treatment. So, it is very subjective. If avoiding certain food makes you feel better, you probably should avoid them. Likewise, if you feel that having probiotics is improving your digestive system, you should continue too.

mtobler

Post by mtobler »

Hi Luiza,

Your story sounds almost identical to mine insofar that I also developed a fructose-malabsorption after contracting H.Pylori at a hospital. Incidentally my blood-work has shown that I have elevated liver enzymes which might correlate with why my liver doesn't properly metabolize fructose.

Has your physician checked your blood-work for liver problems ?

Regards,

Michael

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”