Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Diagnosed after 3 years of severe bloating.

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Jake_shunt

Diagnosed after 3 years of severe bloating.

Post by Jake_shunt »

Hi guys, new to the forum and recently diagnosed with HP.

I'm a 22 year old male from Australia.

For the last 2-3 years I have had sever abdominal bloating (I look 8 months pregnant) however had no other symptoms.
I always thought it was due to my extremely poor diet. Recently I got fed up with my appearance and being embarrassed to take my shirt off.

For the last 2-3 months I have cut out all alcohol, dramatically changed my diet, joined the gym and started to see some results.
However after a few weeks my results hit a plateau and after a discussion with my girlfriend I decided to go to the doctor.
About a week and a half ago I visited my GP and the Dr suggested I take a urea breath test, a positive reading for HP was the result (a positive reading was around 200 units, my result was 866 units in my breath test). I had never heard of helicobacter P before being diagnosed.

I am currently on a course of Nexium HP7 and am due to take my last dose on Monday 22/12.
After reading many posts on the forum I feel lucky as my reaction to the medication has been mild. The first day my stomach hurt but after that I had no symptoms other than a bad taste in my mouth and feeling hungry quite soon after eating.

My bloating seems to come and go, some days I'm flatter than others.

This forum has given me great peace of mind knowing that this infection is not uncommon and some success stories have given me great hope. I just wanted to share my story and receive any advice or feedback. I also wanted to ask as my infection had obviously been around for an extended period of time, is it to be expected that my recovery may take a while ?

Thanks for your time :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Diagnosed after 3 years of severe bloating.

Post by Helico_expert »

great story. Thanks for sharing. I think you have a high chance of eradicating H. pylori with your HP7 treatment. We need more story like yours. Normally people who get cured dont bother posting in the forum. That's why this forum is commonly filled with patients with difficulty curing or lots of side effects.

Jake_shunt

Post by Jake_shunt »

Thank you helico_expert !

This may be a silly question but is it possible to transfer HP through kissing and sharing food/drinks? My Dr suggested my girl friend do a urea breath test. Was just wandering if she could pass it back to me if she did have it once my infection is gone?

Thanks !

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Not silly at all. The current believe is, it's difficult to pass H. pylori via kissing and sharing food. But it is not impossible. We have evidence that showed couple carrying very similar H. pylori strains. So, I would recommend the same, get your girl friend check.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”