Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Quadruple Therapy PBRC Side Affects

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Dublingirl

Quadruple Therapy PBRC Side Affects

Post by Dublingirl »

Hi Everyone, for those of you taking quadruple therapy PBRC. I thought i'd enlighten some who are abit overwhelmed by taking all these tablets. Just like I was. Obviously everyone is different but these are the side effects Ive been having. I'm now into my 5th day of the quad therapy PBRC as I am allergic to penicillen.

Day 1 - had diarrhea
Day 2 - had diarrhea and black stools (do not be alarmed by the dark poo) if you had an endoscopy and colonscopy and all came back ok then this is an effect from taking bismuth. one of the drugs in your treatment pack.
Day 3 - diarrhea has wained. My local chemist recommended I take electrolytes due to diarrhea. Did that and it helps with you energy levels.
Day 4 - the weekend. Saturday 11th May 2013. I spent it at home on the couch and getting lots of rest. I dont feel like eating much. Small appetite. Drinking lots of water. Helps me feel better.
Day 5 - the weekend. Sunday 12th May 2013. Spent the morning in bed and the day on the couch.

Note: the drugs dont make you feel wonderful and you do feel fatigued and worn out. Well i feel like this anyway. So get plenty of rest. Dont fight it and drink lots of water.

** Take a probiotic (Inner Health Plus) at bedtime to replace the good bacteria. Recommended by my local chemist.

Ahh he also gave me immune booster by ethical nutrients. I'll start taking those once finish course of antibiotics.

Im praying for success too by the way and that this bug will be gone forever. I have suffered with symptoms since September last year 2012. It also took seeing 4 doctors to finally work out what was wrong with me.

Anyway... I've got 5 days of the treatment left to go. Its all abit overwhelming. But I know the end result so persevere. You will be cured.

Now that I'm into my 5th day. The side affects are slight nausea but the diarrhea has stopped. I dont feel like eating much and my energy levels are down but thats the price to get rid of the bug. I will eradicate it. And so will you.

All up side affects are bearable. Oh! And write up a timetable like I did to manage your intake of tablets properly. And take probiotic when you go to bed. And drink plenty of water.... Just helps with toxin build up.

I'll report back towards the end of my 10 day therapy. I wish you all a quick recovery. All will be fine.

Kellymahonkm

Re: Quadruple Therapy PBRC Side Affects

Post by Kellymahonkm »

Hiya are you taking all of the meds together or are you taking the bismuth later on after antibiotics there seems to be mixed opinions about it ?

Dublingirl

Post by Dublingirl »

Kellymahonkm wrote:Hiya are you taking all of the meds together or are you taking the bismuth later on after antibiotics there seems to be mixed opinions about it ?
Hiya, I space the drugs out over the day. I follow the instructions of the medication. You cannot take any other medication or foods within a hour each side of taking Bismuth. Make sure you read the leaflet in the box your meds came with or discuss with your doctor. Mind you the pharmacy will tell you how to take the meds. They know their drugs. Here's a snap shot of my day on this therapy.

7.00am - have breakfast - take rabeprazole x 1 (rabeprazole can be taken with or without food)
9.00am - take 2 x Bismuth - (Remember Bismuth must be taken on its own. And an hour either side of taking it you should have NO FOOD, NO OTHER DRUGS)
11.00 - take the 2 antibiotics Ciprofloxacin x 1 and rifabutin x 1
12.00 - have lunch
13.00 - take 2 x bismuth
14.00 - take rabeprazole
17.00 - take 2 x bismuth
18.00 - take the 2 antibiotics Ciprofloxacin x 1 and rifabutin x 1
19.00 - have dinner
20.00 - take 2 x bismuth
21.00 - take rabeprazole
22.00 - inner health plus probiotic.

I pretty much try to follow the same intake of tablets every day. I read and followed the instructions of the tablets and made a timetable up based on this.

Hope this helps. By the way I am very fatigued and blame it on taking these drugs. I didnt go to work today. Just had no energy to get out of bed. I think taking alot of drugs like this wear you down. But you have to persevere and get rid of the bug. A small price to pay I think for getting better in the long term.

AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER! I FEEL THIS REALLY HELPS ME WITH FLUSHING OUT THE TOXINS>>>

Dublingirl

Post by Dublingirl »

Hi All,

I'm now on day 7 of my treatment with only 3 days to go. WOW! is all i can say. I spent the weekend in bed and on the couch. I didnt go to work on Monday 13th May, because I was fatigued. The intake of these drugs definitely play havoc with ones well being! BUT I know the outcome so I deal with the effects. Ofcourse everyone is different!

For me, I am sensitive to drugs end of story. And I dont normally like to take them. I just pray that by the end of the 10th day and four weeks later the breath test comes back negative. PLEASE GOD!

Ok, now I'm not sure whats going on but I am having tummy pains. Not sure why? I thought the antibiotics would make me feel better or atleast get rid of the tummy pains. But I am definitely getting aches in my gut. Cramp like pains. I assume this is the inflammation right????

Once I finish my treatment I am going on a probiotic marathon and health kick to make myself feel alot better. I may even take on Dr Sanda Cabots Liver Cleansing diet. I recon my kidneys, liver and bladder have gone through a rough time with all these drugs. It certainly feels like it.

Well other than feeling like crap. The side effects are bearable. Just remember to drink lots of water! And fruit. And go easy on having heavy meals. And just remember the end result.

Best of luck to all.. :)
Last edited by Dublingirl on Wed May 15, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dublingirl

Post by Dublingirl »

Hi All, I've only got two more days left of my 10 day PBRC treatment. I'll be honest. I'm not feeling too good. I have nausea, sore tummy, slightly constipated now. I'm vague and definitely have foggy brain. Appetitie isnt the best either. I took the Monday off work and got back to work on the Tuesday and Wednesday despite having doctors certificate. I drove my car and the meds definitely have an effect on my reaction time and how I drive my car. Abit dangerous. I'm just so vague and abit out of it if I'm being honest. Anyone else had similar side affects?

So anyone planning to take these drugs I would recommend you try and take some time off work. So start your meds on a Friday and take the following working week off (annual leave). Ofcourse everyone reacts differently.

I'm in bed on the evening of day 8. Have nausea, feeling tired and just not with it. :( Looking forward to stopping the tablets if Im being honest again. although I know why Im' here and I recommend you take the full course and deal with it so you are cured of this terrible bug.

I had bread roll for lunch and my stomach was going off. Felt like I ate razor blades. So I definitely recommend you dont eat bread whilst on these meds or any really heavy foods. Considering your whole stomach environment is out of whack.

So my feeling is these drugs dont make you feel good. Sorry to say. But you gotta deal with it. Its mainly the antibiotics that make me feel abit awful. The bismuth and PPI's are ok.

I do hope my stomach doesnt hurt after I finish the meds. I will be totally peeved off if I continue to have this discomfort. I have read on this forum that alot of people have bad post treatment symptoms. My guess is I will too. Without talking myself into it. I think Im going to be one of those people.

I would be interested to hear back from Barry Marshalls team to get an overview of post treatment symptoms. Can they perhaps elaborate on what people might expect. IF there is anything one can do to feel better and roughly how long the inflammation and gastro like symptoms will last.

My other half (hubbie) isnt too happy about me being so unwell. Doesnt do much for the love life LOL :)

Anyway only 2 more days left and I'm over this headache. I wish you all well my fellow HP sufferers. Take care of yourselves and make sure you get plenty of rest and drink lots of water.

Ciao :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You are doing very very well. Also, you are doing the right thing. Many people gave up half way and ended up getting a resistant strain and even harder to treat.

in regards to the recover time, it really has no definite answer. some people feel great the next day and some people took a year before they actually felt better.

by the way, is your hubbie infected? want him to get a check up and then share your pain? :lol:

Dublingirl

Post by Dublingirl »

Hi All! I finished my medication on friday 17th May. Yippppppeeee. Thank god. I'm feeling not too bad actually. I have a few twitches in my stomach but no complaints. Ive started taking 2 x innerhealth plus to get the good bacteria back and will see how I go. Hubbie and I went to doctors today actually to see about him being infected. The doctors advice was unless my hubbie was experiencing pain then he shouldnt be treated. I guess the doctors knows best. Would you HP experts beg to differ? Let me know if you think she's wrong?

Anyway he's not going to be taking an meds and we dont know if he has HP. Do you think we get a second opinion? Thanks All. Heres my road to recovery. I wish all you HP sufferers out there the best. And remember finish your antibiotics. You will survive. And get well soon. Best regards

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

it's actually rare to transmit H. pylori among adults. However, partners who frequently share food or drink obviously increased the chance of spreading. If your husband is negative, great. If he is positive, then you'll need to think if you want the risk the chance of reinfection and go through this treatment again.

your doctor's advise is correct, but i think only apply to individual, not to couple.

Dublingirl

Post by Dublingirl »

Hi Everyone

Just a quick note to let you all know I'm cured. I got my breath test results today and it came back negative. Thank god for that. I still have tummy issues though but rumour has it, the inflammation takes some time to get fixed.

Thanks to Dr Marshalls team for recommending the Quadruple therapy. Although it was a full on experience taking so much medication I am so greatful.

Many thanks

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

What a great news! well, it brightens my day. thanks for the update. The forum members need to see some positive outcome.
:)

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”