Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

My H. Pylori Survival Story -- and Questions

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: My H. Pylori Survival Story -- and Questions

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:13 am

Hi, did you do a follow up breath test to find out if you are still carrying H. pylori? Lots of doctors failed to follow up the patients and a few months later the symptoms come back, it's hard to know if it is due to reinfection or treatment failure.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:14 pm

I always wondered if she really eradicated h pylori or maybe some other unknown bug is causing the inmune system this attack on her body which as a result is causing this enzyme deficiency. :?

Eventually I know I'll get reinfected it's so easy to get infected and I will lose the enzymes again. If you have ppl around you with the bacteria and contaminated food maybe she has gotten reinfected and can't recover fully. That's how I kept getting reinfected and why I never got my enzymes back.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 pm

It’s not true that reinfection of HP is common. I have seen so many cases where Husband and wife, only one of them is a carrier. The other day, a lady told me that she was married 25 yrs and her husband remain negative.

The key, I believe is personal hygiene. If everyone in my he same household brushes their teeth and washes their hands; no sharing food and drinks, it is really hard for HP to pass around.

Martim
Genuine user

Post by Martim » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/chem-crush/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:01 am

Oh I hope you are right expert, I want to stay h pylori free so that I can eat what my mom cooks someday (she is a continent away) :lol: without having to suffer.

Where I currently live pretty much everyone I know is infected. My sister, my best friend, my aunt, lol, they all complain of the stomach and burning. The only one who isn't infected seems to be my dad. Two interesting things: he drinks a lot of alcohol and has asthma :? .

Checking out the map in google Brazil has 90% of its population infected, not too far from Peru (where I live) 80-85%.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:23 am

very interesting. H. pylori is negatively associated with asthma. people without h. pylori are more likely to develop asthma.

also, my assistant, he was positive 3 years ago. recently he told me that he is finally 100% too. he used to avoid many food. after eradicated HP, he was lke 70% and gradually improve until recently. He is very happy that he can eat almost anything without worry of stomach discomfort.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”