iGM vs iGA vs IGG

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: iGM vs iGA vs IGG

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:29 am

So you always have triple therapy.

talk to your doctor about quadruple therapy using high dose PPI, high dose Amox, bismuth and high dose metronidazole.

there are article that mentioned that higher dose metronidazole can overcome resistance issue.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10974150

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Went to a good doctor, took me a while to find out, he thinks im infected but want his own tests. He's going to give me the treatment that you just recommended thats a really good sign and I didn't even suggest anything he knew right off the bad.

This is the first time I'm praying I actually test positive for the breath test....because it's the only way I may be able to improve.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:42 am

do keep us update with your progress.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 am

I opted for stool test. The doctor wanted to prescribe me right there and then but decided to have one more test because he hasn't ordered any himself.

Today I sent someone to submit my stool test however that person took so long and my sample was out of room temperature or cold for so long (6 hours) that i'm afraid it might be negative.

Will that affect the result?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:31 pm

nope. the antigen of H. pylori in the stool is stable at room temperature for days or even weeks.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 pm

it came out negative...theres no room temperature here its hot wish it was cold or chilly.

But then how can IGM be so positive (acute infecTion) and stool negative , they told me to have another test stool so ill do it. Ill believe it if its negative again.

I hope its positive....because i dont know what to do to improve my condition :)

THANKS Helico

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 am

Hi, I totally agree that it can be frustrating when the laboratory did not produce accurate result. I think in your case, you are likely to be negative of HP. Nevertheless, you can always re confirm again 2 or 3 months later.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:04 pm

have you seen a patient with antibodies positive for igM and negative for all others?

Does it mean my inmune system thinks theres an acute infection, how can iGM be elevated for so long....i don't get it. :(
My second stool test is also negative.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:29 am

i have to say i rarely go through the blood test results. So I am not sure. Theoretically IgM should go down when infection is not recent. However, I guess there is no 100%. Nevertheless, I dont think IgM is any good in your case. There is no need to know if you have recent infection. It is more important to know if you are still infected. So, dont worry about the blood test.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:06 pm

What do you recommend I do next? Doctor ordered a breath test. I'll do it but if its negative too....don't know what to do. igA and igM are both positive and high.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”